Throughout my 4 years of engineering at 'Alliance College of Engineering and Design', I had ...
B. Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
The B. Tech. degree course in Electronics and Communication Engineering at the Alliance College of Engineering and Design, imparts strong theoretical foundations and practical learning to its graduates on electronic devices as well as rigorous training in research, design and development of such devices, and their broad-based applications. The course offers a wide spectrum of elective subjects that cover the application of sophisticated and cutting-edge technologies for device design such as satellite transponder technology and signal processing chip technology. In addition to common core subjects offered in the course, other elective subjects aim to sharpen technical expertise in graduates on the recent advances and innovations in electronics and communication such as Sensor Networks; Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM); Wavelet Transformations; Digital Signal Processing (DSP); Data and Image Compressions; and Satellite Communication.
B. Tech. (Regular): Four years (Full-time)
B. Tech. (Lateral): Three years (Full-time)
- Cyber Physical Systems & VLSI
- Integrated Smart Systems
- Wireless Communications & IoT
Commence of the course
January 2020 & July 2020
Mode of Study
Full Time Course
B. Tech. (Regular)
Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject
Obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.
Score in JEE (Main); JEE (Advanced); Karnataka CET; COMED-K; AUSAT (Alliance University Scholastic Aptitude Test); or any other State-level engineering entrance examination.
B. Tech. (Lateral)
Passed Diploma examination with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in ANY branch of Engineering and Technology.
Passed B. Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics as a subject.
Provided that the students belonging to B. Sc. Stream, shall clear the subjects Engineering Graphics/Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the First Year Engineering Programme along with the Second year subjects.
Provided that the students belonging to B. Sc. Stream shall be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with students belonging to the Diploma stream.
Passed D. Voc. Stream in the same or allied sector.
In the above cases, suitable bridge Courses, if required such as in Mathematics or basic Engineering foundation courses may be suitably designed and implemented.
Course Structure - Programs Offered
|Advanced VLSI Design|
|System on Chip (SOC)|
|VII||Embedded Networking and VLSI Security solutions|
|FPGA Based System Design|
|V||Principles of Instrumentation Systems|
|VIII||Latest Spintronics and Thin-Film Based Fabrication Instruments|
|Advanced Sensor Technology and Applications|
|V||IOT and Applications|
|VI||Network Security and Cryptography|
|Quantum Information Transmission and control|
|VII||Essentials of 5G Communication|
|Quantum Machine Learning|
|VIII||5G with cognitive Radio|
- Minor Elective I (Intellectual Property Rights)
- Minor Elective II (Entrepreneurship Management)
Cyber Physical Systems & VLSI
- Nano Electronics
- Advanced VLSI Design
- Foundations of MEMS
- System-on-Chip Design
- Embedded Networking
- Hardware Security
- Automotive Electronics
Integrated Smart Systems
- Principles of Instrumentation Systems
- Analytical Instrumentation
- Digital Manufacturing
- Industrial Instrumentation
- Virtual Instrumentation
- Modern Medical Instrumentation
- Spintronics and Devices
- Microsensor Technology and Applications
Wireless Communications & IoT
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Neural Networks & Fuzzy Logic
- Wireless Adhoc Networks
- Software Defined Radio
- Sensors and Industrial IoT
- V2V Communications
- Network Security & cryptography
- Introduction to MIMO Systems
- Open Elective I (MATLAB Fundamentals and Programming)
- Open Elective II (Robotics)
- Open Elective III(Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning)
- Open Elective IV (Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality)
- Open Elective V (Internet of Things)
- Career Development Program I (Communication and Soft Skills)
- Career Development Program II (Aptitude and Quantitative Skills)
- Career Development Program III (Critical Reasoning and Logical Skills)
- Career Development Program IV (Problem Solving Skills)
- Career Development Program V (Technical Capstone)
Note: An elective subject is offered in the B. Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering course only if a minimum number of students enroll in it.