Dr. Srikanth Itapu
Acting Head of Department - Electronics and Communication Engineering
Alliance College of Engineering and Design
Dr. Srikanth Itapu graduated with Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio, USA and has worked as a post-doctoral researcher at the University of Toledo before returning to India. Prior to Ph.D., he graduated with an M.Tech. degree in Laser and Electro-optics and a B.Tech degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
Past assignments of Dr. Srikanth include holding a research scientist and academic position reputed engineering institutes. His research interests include Nano-Electronic Device Fabrication and Characterization, RF & Microwave, Computational first principle studies on novel complex oxides and perovskites, Novel supercapacitor materials for EVs, etc.
- Vamsi Borra, Srikanth Itapu, Daniel G. Georgiev and V.G. Karpov, “Modification of Metal Surfaces by Surface Plasmon Polariton Excitation”, IEEE Transactions on Materials and Device Reliability, May 2021 (In Review).
- Selvendran S, A. Sivanantharaja, K. Esakki muthu and I. Srikanth, “The impact of different types of modulators on an optical hybrid FSO/Fiber communication- A brief study”, Optical and Quantum Electronics, May 2021 (In Review).
- P. Manoj Reddy, J. Krishna Ravali, Srikanth Itapu and S. Selvendran,” Tuning the electrical parameters of p-NiOx based TFTs by pulsed laser irradiation”, Condensed Matter, vol. 6(2), 21, June 2021.
- I B Madhuri and Srikanth Itapu, “Rationally designed graphene-PVA composite fillers for modern manufacturing applications”, Journal of Materials Science Research and Reviews, Vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 40-49, September 2020.
- Srikanth Itapu, Vamsi Borra and Daniel G. Georgiev, “Laser-based fabrication of microstructures on nickel thin films and its application in on-chip spiral inductors”, IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, Vol. 19, 455, May 2020.
- Kamruzzaman Khan, Srikanth Itapu and Daniel G. Georgiev, “Negative Differential Resistance (NDR) behavior Nickel Oxide (NiO) based Metal-Insulator-Semiconductor Structures” Journal of Electronic Materials, Vol. 49, no. 1, January 2020.
- Srikanth Itapu, Vamsi Borra and Faramarz Mossayebi, “A computational study of native defects in non-stoichimetric NiO and doping Pd, Pt in stoichiometric NiO”, Condensed Matter, Vol. 3, no. 4, December 2018.
- Vamsi Borra, Srikanth Itapu and Daniel G. Georgiev, “Sn whisker mitigation by using NiO sublayer”, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, Vol. 50, no. 47, September 2017.
- S. Itapu, V. Borra, and D. Georgiev, “Fabrication of microbumps on nickel thin films by nanosecond pulsed laser irradiation” American Vacuum Society – Michigan chapter 41st Spring Symposium, Ann Arbor, MI, 2017.
- Srikanth Itapu, Daniel G. Georgiev, Prakash Uprety and Nikolas Podraza, “Modification of reactively sputtered NiOx thin films by pulsed laser irradiation”, Physica Status Solidi A, Vol. 214, no. 2, February 2017.
- Srikanth Itapu, Kamruzzaman Khan and Daniel G. Georgiev, “Effect of UV laser irradiation on the properties of NiO and NiO/ZnO heterostructures”, MRS Advances, Vol. 1, no. 4, February 2016.
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, College of Engineering, University of Toledo, May
- Guest Editor & Reviewer Board Member - Condensed Matter, MDPI Switzerland.
- Nominated for Science as Art MRS Fall 2015, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
REVIEWER FOR INTERNATIONAL PEER REVIEWED JOURNALS
- Institute of Physics UK - Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics
- Institute of Physics UK - Semiconductor Science and Technology
- Institute of Physics UK - Nanotechnology
- Taylor & Francis - Cogent Engineering
- Active Member, IEEE Hyderabad Section, India, Aug 2014-Present.
- Vamsi Borra, Daniel G Georgiev, Srikanth Itapu “Sn whisker growth mitigation by using NiO sublayers”, US Patent 10,967,463, April 2021.
- P. Chakkravarthy, V. Arthi, Srikanth Itapu, R. Naveen, S.A. Sivakumar, B.M. Shankar “Intelligent medicinal and aromatic plant specimen detection system”, India Patent 202041003461A, January 2020.
- Co-Principal Investigator: IoT based smart systems development with ECIL Hyderabad, project budget: Rs. 20,00,000 November 2019 – November 2020
- Accuracy and reliability in billing is highly recommended in present day energy meters, for which the smart energy meters based on NB-IoT/LTE Cat M1 hybrid infrastructure provide an impeccable solution. It can provide real time power consumption as well as accurate billing over long time cycles, pre-paid billing, identifying power tampering and fraud, etc.