Alliance University Campus is ragging free campus. Number of anti-ragging measures are in place to ensure strict compliance.
Anti-Ragging Helpline: 1800-180-5522 (24x7 toll free)
Students will refrain from ragging of any kind and those who violate this rule will be instantly suspended from the University and the halls of residence or the hostel for a period of one week. The matter will be placed before the Anti-Ragging Committee, which will review the incident of ragging and take action according to the due process of law. Students must take note that ragging results in their dismissal from the University. The attention of the students is also drawn to the judgment of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India wherein it is mandatory for the institution to file a complaint with the Police Authority, and with all resulting consequences as per “The Circular of the Education Department, Government of Karnataka dated 16/08/1999 on Prohibition of Ragging in Colleges and Hostels.”
- Government/University Grants Commission (UGC), guidelines notified vide no.F.1-16/2009 (CPP-II) dated 21-10-2009 on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009 (Under Section 26(1) (g) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956) are strictly implemented at Alliance University.
- In addition to the above, those students who indulge in the acts of ragging shall attract the punishments as applicable, which include any one or combination thereof :
- Expulsion from the University/Hall of Residence/hostel
- Suspension from the classes
- Fine with a public apology
- Withholding of scholarship or other benefits extended to those involved in ragging
- Debarring from representation in cultural or sports events, or any other representation in events for which the student(s) may have been selected
- Withholding of examination results
- Entering the ragging incident on the Transfer Certificate/Migration Certificate of the students, which may adversely affect their career.
- No placement assistance to students found guilty of ragging.
- Filing of a complaint by the affected student with the Police Authority (as per the Supreme Court's Directive).
- The affected student is required to submit an anti-ragging affidavit as per the UGC notification.
- Continuous watch and vigil over ragging by Alliance University and the University will promptly deal with the incidents of ragging brought to its notice.
- The University will summarily punish or reprimand the guilty student, either by itself or by following procedures, administrative or otherwise, by constituting a special Enquiry Committee and put forth its findings or recommendations before the competent authority to take a decision.
- Students are encouraged to report any ragging act witnessed or experienced by them to the University administrators, faculty, Student Affairs and Grievances Committee or other any staff member with whom the student may feel comfortable. The University ensures the confidentiality of such a disclosure by the student.
The Student Affairs and Grievances Committee will deal with all disciplinary matters. The Committee shall constantly monitor the behavior of the students. All disciplinary matters will be placed before the Committee, which will hear the matter and take action according to the due process of law.
The Student Affairs and Grievances Committee hearing any matter will pass a resolution of termination, suspension, retention, penalties or any other action as deemed fit and necessary. The decision of the committee shall be final and binding.
Download Student code of Conduct Handbook
Anti Ragging Committee (ARC)
AU/OR /Notification –Anti Ragging / 2021 - 045
December 07, 2021
Sub: Re-constitution of Anti-Ragging Committee of Alliance University, Bangalore
Ref:  In pursuance of the UGC Regulations on curbing the menace of Ragging, the Vice –Chancellor of the University has directed to constitute the Anti-Ragging Committee.
 Notification No. AU/OR / Notification –ARC / 2019-006, June.10, 2019
The composition of the Anti-Ragging Committee of Alliance University is reconstituted, and the following are the members:
|1||Dr. Punith Cariappa - Pro Vice–Chancellor (Student Support Services)||Chairperson|
|2||Dr. Abdul Hameed - Assistant Professor, Alliance School of Business||Member|
|3||Dr. Upankar Chutia - Assistant Professor, Alliance School of Law||Member|
|4||Dr. Rahul Ribeiro - Professor, Alliance College of Engineering & Design||Member|
|5||Dr. Ramanna Shetty - Professor & Director, Alliance Ascent College||Member|
|6||Circle Police Inspector||Member|
|7||Representative from the Media||Member|
|8||Mrs. Shaila Chebbi - Advisor, Office of Pro-Chancellor||Member|
|9||Dr. Sanjeev Padashetty - Professor & Deputy Registrar (Admin)||Member|
|10||Dr. Usha Ravi - Deputy Registrar (Admin)||Member|
|11||Dr. Varender Singh Patial - Director, Student Support Services||Member|
|12||Representatives of the students||Members|
|13||Representatives of the Guardians of the students||Members|
|14||Mr. Chitradeep Chakraborty - Senior Manager, DoSSS||Member Secretary|
Dr. Nivedita Mishra