Alliance University Centre for Global Affairs and International Relations (AC-GAIR)
The Alliance University Centre for Global Affairs and International Relations (AC-GAIR) intends to serve as an academic platform to foster an interest in International Relations and International Law. In an increasingly globalized and connected world, it is pertinent to not only be aware of Global happenings but to understand the background and historical facts related to it. AC-GAIR intends to do just that, to engage with the current and future stakeholders of the Globalized World by giving them a benchmark on topics of International Law, Global Affairs, and Human Rights.
The first issue of GAIR seeks to instill academic deliberations around this contemporary issue by inviting articles concentrating on the following
- To foster academic interest in International Law, Global Affairs, and Human Rights
- To introduce and acquaint Law Students on the intricacies of International Law, and International Relations
- To provide an academic platform to scholars interested in International Law and Relations, by organizing Conclaves, Publishing Journals and Newsletters, and engaging in other related curricular activities
- To work in conjunction with interested parties in the field of International Relations and Law to promote professional interest in the same.
About the Newsletter
Global Affairs and International Relations (GAIR) E-Newsletter is an initiative of Alliance School of Law to provide an academic platform for students, practitioners, journalists and academicians to express, deliberate, and discuss contemporary issues pertaining to the fields of International Relations and Global Affairs. The newsletter seeks works that are dynamic and interdisciplinary in nature with a specific display of comprehensive knowledge on the subject matter.
GAIR E-Newsletter is an open access, peer-reviewed and refereed E-newsletter. It aims to bring quarterly editions on pertinent global issues in order to exhibit wide-ranging opinions on a definite theme.
- Quiz on International Relations:
A quiz on International Relations was conducted on the 23rd of February, 2022. The quiz revolved around the Global Structure related to the Global North and Global South. The quiz was conducted in three rounds, and over 10 teams participated in the same.
- Debate on International Relations:
The Global Affairs and International Relations Centre hosted a Debate on Issues related to International Relations on the 1st of March, 2022. The debate was conducted in a round-robin format, and the finalists were selected out of the top-two scored teams.
The propositions included:
- The House believes that United States’ Imperialism and Military Intervention is the reason for the rise of Religious Fundamentalism in the World.
- The House believes that the United Kingdom owes reparations to the former colonial states.
- The House believes that the People’s Republic of China’s One-Road-One-Belt initiative is beneficial for the Globe.
|Prof. (Dr.) Kiran Gardner||Chief Adviser and Editor|
|Prof. Yamini Chandra Prabha||Faculty Director (Alliance School of Law)|
|Prof. Sukanya Priyadarshini||Faculty Coordinator (Alliance School of Law)|
|Prof. (Dr.) Dunia Prince Zongwe||Faculty Coordinator (Alliance School of Law)|
|Prof. Ritika Behl||Faculty Coordinator (Alliance School of Law)|
|Paarth Samdani||Student Editor|
|Ashmita Mitra||Student Editor|
|Arkadeep Pal||+91 97314 email@example.com|
|Keshav Pandey||+91 76438 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Alliance University:Central Campus, Chikkahagade Cross, Chandapura - Anekal Main Road, Anekal, Bengaluru - 562106, Karnataka, India
+91 80 4619 9000 | 9100 | +91 80 4129 9200