Prof. Ashish Pathak
Alliance School of Law
Prof. Ashish Pathak earned his Master’s degree from Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. Currently, he is pursuing Ph.D. from University of Lucknow and the topic of his thesis is “Expanding horizons of taxation law - how black money can be brought back from the tax havens”. Prof. Ashish has professional experience of teaching at various reputed institutions.
His scholarly articles have been published in reputed journals such as RMLNLU Journal of Law, Asia Pacific Law and Policy Review Journal. Prof. Ashish’s teaching and research interests include contemporary issues of Criminal and Constitutional Law, Code of Criminal Procedure, Law of Torts, Family Law, International Law, Law of Evidence, Law of Contract, Family Law.
- “Mob Lynching in India: A critical analysis of Law and Policy” (2021), Asia Pacific Law and Policy Review Journal. (h-index -9). This paper examines the impact of lynching on the family members of the deceased and the solutions to curb this problem.
- “Media’s Role in a Democratic Nation: In public interest or to interest the public”? (2020), SCLC LAW REVIEW (International Journal) of Shankarrao Chavan Law College, Pune. 1(1):76-85. This paper examines the role of media in shaping the democratic set up by balancing the demands of the citizens and the steps taken by the government for meeting those demands.
- “India’s quasi federal system of governance after independence: An analysis in current scenario” (2019), RMLNLU Journal of Law. 10(I):251-263. This paper looks at the Constitutional framework laying down the procedure of making laws by the Centre and the State governments and the steps that should be taken by both for Cooperative Federalism.
- “Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act: A conflict between theory and practicality” (2018), Journal of Legal Studies and Research. IV (III): 107-118. This paper looks at the practical aspect of Domestic Violence and the remedies that should have been added in this Act.
- “Criminal Law (Amendment) Act – 2013- Has it been successful in getting justice for people”? (2018), SHRIJI Journal of Prestige Institute of Management. I(14):20-25. This paper examines the impact of the amendments that have been included in the Act.
- “Extra Marital Affair – Cruelty or Infidelity” (2018), Bharti Law Review. VII (III):31-38. This paper looks at the practical aspect of ‘cruelty’ so defined in Section 498-A, I.P.C. in light of cases and ways to curb the misuse of this Section.
- Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace: Challenges and Remedies (2013), Journal of Legal Analysis and Research. This paper defines the challenges that women have to face at their workplace and the remedies that can be given by the organizations for ensuring their working in a good and amicable environment. 1(1):137-153.
- Pathak Ashish, Covid -19 Pandemic- A critical analysis of its impact on Human Behaviour at Mar Gregorious Law College, Trivandrum, Kerala, 22nd May 2021.
- Pathak Ashish, Sex Workers, and their plight- An analysis of physiological and psychological aspect of their lives in India at Sharda University, Noida, 1st November 2019.
- Pathak Ashish, Changing Dimensions of Arbitration Law: A critical analysis of Law and Policy at University of Lucknow, 20th October 2019.
- Pathak Ashish, Criminal Justice system in India: An analysis in current scenario at Galgotias University, Noida 24th March 2018.
- Pathak Ashish, National Green Tribunal: Has it been successful in its cause at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, 18th March 2018.
- Pathak Ashish and Satya Rishiswar, Criminal Law (Amendment) Act- Has it been successful in getting justice for people at Prestige Institute of Management, Gwalior, 17th March 2018.
- Pathak Ashish, Right to Privacy- How far the concept has been adopted by India at IMS Unison University, Dehradun, 16-17 February 2018.
- Pathak Ashish, Triple Talaq- Rights vs. Personal Law at National Law University, Shimla, 8-10 December 2017.
- Pathak Ashish, Critical Analysis of Right to Environment at Amity University, Gurgaon, Haryana, 27-28 October 2017.
- Pathak Ashish, Media as the voice of people in governance at KLE Law College, Bengaluru, October 2017.
- Pathak Ashish, Extra Marital Affair: Cruelty or Infidelity at New Law College, Pune, 27th September 2017.
- Pathak Ashish, Environmental Pollution - Constitutional and Legal perspectives at Baba Saheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow, 17th January 2014.
- Pathak Ashish, Sexual Harassment of women at workplace: Challenges and Remedies at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala, 22nd February 2014.
- Pathak Ashish, Negative Voting in India- Will it change the scenario at Bundelkhand University, Jhansi, 3rd March 2014.
- Pathak Ashish, Impact of Food Security Bill in India- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, 28th and 29th March, 2014.