Dr. Vijay Bahadur
Department of Science
Dr. Vijay Bahadur holds a Doctor of Philosophy from University of Delhi. His Ph.D. thesis was based on Bio-organic Chemistry. His area of research interest is organic synthesis specially C-H functionalization, multicomponent reaction, natural product synthesis and microwave chemistry. He has an experience of research associate from CBMR Lucknow. He completed his postdoctoral research through Erasmus Mundus fellowship from University of Leuven, Belgium.
Dr. Vijay has more than five years of teaching experience at Undergraduate and postgraduate levels. He teaches Organic chemistry specially Stereochemistry, Spectroscopy, Photochemistry & Pericyclic Chemistry at PG level and Engineering Chemistry for B.Tech. Students.
- Structurally modified compounds of hydroxychloroquine, remdesivir and tetrahydrocannabinol against main protease of SARS-CoV-2, a possible hope for COVID-19: Docking and molecular dynamics simulation studies Deepak Mishra, Radha Raman Maurya, Kamlesh Kumar, Nupur S. Munjal, Vijay Bahadur, Sandeep Sharma ,Prashant Singh , Indra Bahadur Journal of Molecular Liquids, 2021, 335, 116185 (IF: 5.06)
- Cu-Catalyzed One-pot Multicomponent Approach for the Synthesis of Symmetric and Asymmetric 1,4- Dihydropyridine (1,4-DHP) linked 1,2,3-Triazole Derivatives Preeti Sharma, Prashant Kumar, Ajit Kumar, Brajendra K. Singh, Vijay Bahadur Synthetic communication, 2020, 50, 2033-2042 (IF: 1.79)
- Aldehydes: magnificent acyl equivalents for direct acylation Prashant Kumar, Sriparna Dutta, Sandeep Kumar, Vijay Bahadur, Erik V. Van der Eycken, Karani Santhanarishnan Vimaleswaran, Virinder S. Parmar and Brajendra K. Singh Org. Biomol. Chem., 2020, 18, 7987-8033 ((IF: 3.56)
- N-Directed Pd-Catalyzed Direct Ortho-Acetoxylation and Ortho-tert-butoxylation of 2-Phenyl-4H- Benzo[d][1,3]oxazin-4-ones via C-H Activation Mohit Gupta, Sandeep Kumar, Prashant Kumar, Amit Kumar Singh, Vijay Bahadur, and Brajendra K. Singh Chemistry Select, 2019, 4, 13992. (IF: 1.7)
- Microwave-Assisted Ruthenium-Catalysed ortho-C-H Functionalization of N-Benzoyl α-Amino Ester Derivatives Nandani. Sharma, Vijay Bahadur, Zhengua. Li, Upendra K Sharma, Brajendra K. Singh, Erik V. Van der Eycken Advance Synthesis and catalysis, 2018, 360, 3083. (IF: 5.12)
- Palladium (II)-catalysed intramolecular C H functionalizations: Efficient synthesis of kealiinine C and analogues Debasmita Saha, Izabela Stolarzewicz, Vijay Bahadur, Upendra K. Sharma,Leonid G. Voskressensky, AnujSharma, Brajendra K. Singh, Erik V. Van der Eycken Journal of Molecular Catalysis. A, Chemical 2018, 455, 233.(IF: 2.9)
- Radical-Induced, Palladium-Catalyzed C-H activation: A New Approach to Functionalize 4H- Benzo[d][1,3]oxazin-4-one Derivatives with Toluenes, Aldehydes and Benzyl Alcohols Prahsant Kumar, Mohit Gupta, Vijay Bahadur, Virinder S Parmar and Brajendra Kumar Singh Eur. Joc. 2018, 13, 1552. (IF: 2.8)
- Metal-Free, Regioselective, Dehydrogenative Cross Coupling between Formamides/Aldehydes and Coumarins via C-H Functionalization. Mohit Gupta, Prahsant Kumar, Vijay Bahadur, Krishan Kumar, Virinder S Parmar and Brajendra Kumar Singh Eur. Joc. 2018, 7, 896. (IF: 2.8)
- Synthesis, characterisation and photophysical studies of oxadiazolyl coumarin: A new class of blue light emitting fluorescent dyes. Akanksha Matta, Vijay Bahadur, Toshiaki Taniike, Johan Van der Eycken, and Brajendra K. Singh Dyes and Pigments 2017, 140, 250. (IF: 3.7)
- Microwave Assisted Metal Free, Base Catalyzed C-N Bond Formation and Cleavage: Synthesis of Benzimidazo[1,2-a]quinazoline. Prashant Kumar, Anil K. Singh, Vijay Bahadur, Virinder S. Parmar, Erik V. Van der Eycken and Brajendra K. Singh Acs Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2016, 4, 2206. (IF: 5.9)
- Crystal Engineering Directed Second Harmonic Generation Response of Novel Chiral Phthalimides Functionalized with Arylpiperazines. Anil K. Singh, M.V. Volodymyr, V. S. Oleg, Vijay Bahadur, B. K. Singh, Narayanasamy Vijayan, Vadivel Balachandran, Hemandra K. Tiwari, Brajendra K. Singh and Brijesh Rathi Chem. Sci. 2016, 128, 297. (IF: 1.2)
- Antigiardial of novel triazolyl quinolone-based chalcone derivatives: when oxygen makes the difference. Vijay Bahadur, Daniela Mastronicola, Amit Kumar Singh, Hemandra Kumar Tiwari, Leopoldo Paolo Pucillo, Paolo Sarti, Brajendra Kumar Singh, Alessandro Giuffrè Front Microbiol. 2015, 6, 1. (IF: 4.07)
- O2-dependent efficacy of novel piperidine/piperazine-based chalcones against the human parasite Giardia Vijay Bahadur, Daniela Mastronicola, Hemandra Kumar Tiwari, Yogesh Kumar, Micol Falabella, Leopoldo Paolo Pucillo, Paolo Sarti, Alessandro Giuffrè and Brajendra Kumar Singh Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 2014, 58, 543. (IF: 4.98)
- Synthesis structural aspects and Non-linear optical properties of novel phthalimide derivatives: Theoretical and Experimental approach. Anil K. Singh, Ram Kishan, Vijay Bahadur, Narayanasamy Vijayan, Vadivel u Balachandran, Hemandra K. Tiwari, Brajendra K. Singh and Brijesh Rathi Phy. Org.Chem. 2014, 27, 490 (IF: 1.25)
- Microwave-assisted Cu(I)-catalysed, three component synthesis of 2-(4-((1-phenyl-1H-1,2,3-triazol-4- yl)methoxy)phenyl)-1H benzo[d]imidazoles. Yogesh Kumar, Vijay Bahadur, Anil K. Singh, Virinder S. Parmar, Erik Van der Eycken, Brajendra K. Singh Beilstein J. Org. Chem. 2014, 10, 1413. (IF: 2.3)
- Microwave-Assisted Copper Azide Alkyne Cycloaddition (CuAAC) reaction using D-Glucose. Yogesh Kumar, Vijay Bahadur, Anil K. Singh, Virinder S. Parmar, Brajendra K. Singh Indian. Chem. Soc. 2013, 90, 1893. (IF: 0.1)
Award and Fellowship
- Erasmus Mundus Action II, Expert III fellowship in KU Leuven, Belgium 2014
- CSIR- Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) 2013
- CSIR- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) 2010
- CSIR- National Eligibility Test (NET) (LS-Lectureship) 2009
- 2nd International conference on Anti-microbial resistance, novel drug discovery and development; challenges and opportunities on 17-19th March, 2019, at IIT Delhi, RGEC, Sonepat, Haryana.
- 1st International conference on “Integrative Chemistry, Biology and Translational medicine” (ICBTM -2019) organized by Centre for Global Health Hansraj College, University of Delhi and Loyala University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine , USA on 25- 26th Feb 2019.
- Indo-US Colloquium on “Recent Developments in Interdisciplinary Research” July 2, 2018, Hansraj College, Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi, India in association with Loyala University.
- The 19th Sigma-Aldrich Organic Synthesis Meeting, 10-11th December, 2015, Blankenberge (Belgium). “Microwave-assisted Ru-(II) catalysed ortho-selective direct C(sp2)-H activation of N-benzoyl ?-amino ester derivatives: A versatile synthesis of functionalized non-natural amino acids”., Sharma N., Bahadur V., Li Z., Sharma U.K., Singh B.K., Eycken E.V. Van der.
- 1stInternational conference on “Emerging Trends of Nanotechnology in Drug Discovery” held on 26-27th May 2014 at Sri Venkateswara College, University of Delhi, India.
- 20thISCB International conference (ISCB-2014) on “Chemistry and Medicinal Plants in Translational Medicine for Healthcare” held on 1-4th Mar 2014 at Delhi University, Delhi, India. Poster “O2-dependent efficacy of novel piperidine/piperazine-based chalcones against the human parasite Giardia intestinalis” Bahadur, V., Mastronicola, D., Tiwari, H. K. Kumar, Y., Giuffrè, , Singh B.K.
- International conference on Chemical Biology: Disease Mechanisms and Therapeutics (ICCB- 2014) held on 6-8thFeb 2014 at IICT Hyderabad, India. Poster “O2-dependent efficacy of novel piperidine/piperazine- based chalcones against the human parasite Giardia itestinalis”. Bahadur, V., Mastronicola, D., Tiwari, H. K. Kumar, Y., Giuffre, , Singh B. K.
- 19thISCB International conference (ISCB-2013) on “Recent Advances and Current Trends in Chemical and Biological Science” held on 2-5th Sukhadia University, Udaipur, Rajasthan, India. Poster “Microwave assisted synthesis of piperidine/piperazine based chalcones and their antiparasitic evaluation against Giardia ” Bahadur, V., Tiwari, H. K., Mastronicola, D., Kumar, Y., Falabella, M., Pucillo, L. P., Sarti, P., Giuffre, A., Singh, B.K.
- Lecture Workshop/Conference on “Emerging Trends in Developments of Drug and devices” held on 21st -23rd January 2013 at University of Delhi, India.
- Indo-German workshop on “New Perspectives for Nano-Carriers in Biomedical Applications” held on 14thJanuary 2013 at University of Delhi, India.
- 9thIndo-Italian Workshop on “Chemistry and Biology of Antioxidants: Natural Products based Antioxidants from Medicinal Plants as Lead towards Development of Novel Drugs” held on 10th & 11th October 2011 at Delhi, India.