Dr. V. Shyam Kishore
Professor & Associate Dean - Academics and Research
Alliance School of Law
Dr. V. Shyam Kishore obtained his Ph.D. degree from the University of Madras on the topic: “Law Relating to Derivative Action and Protection of Minority Investors: A Critical Study”. He completed his LL.M. in Corporate and Financial Services Law from the prestigious National University of Singapore, Singapore. Dr. Shyam secured second rank during graduation in B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) from the School of Indian Legal Thought, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala.
Dr. Shyam possesses more than a decade of teaching experience both at the undergraduate and post graduate levels in various universities across India. He specializes in teaching corporate and commercial laws. His area of research pertains inter alia to the field of corporate governance, contract law and legal theory.
Dr. Shyam has to his credit publications in various journals of national and international repute including Scopus indexed journals.
International Peer-Reviewed Journals:
- Derivative Actions in India: Problems and Prospects, The Company Lawyer, Vol 35, No. 10 pp 314 – 320, September 2014, a Sweet & Maxwell publication, London. ISSN – 0144-1027 (Co-author).
- Parliamentary Privileges and the Judiciary – A Search for the Common Ground, Commonwealth Law Bulletin, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp 455-472, September 2007, a Routledge publication, London. ISSN – 0305-0718. (SCOPUS Indexed).
- The Evolving Concepts of Neutrality and Impartiality in Mediation, Commonwealth Law Bulletin, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp 221-225, June 2006, a Routledge publication, London. ISSN – 0305-0718. (SCOPUS Indexed).
National Peer-Reviewed Journals:
- Say What on Pay? - A Comparative Evaluation of the Impacts of the Regulatory Reforms and COVID 19 on Executive Compensation in the UK, US and India, (2021) 1 NMIMS Law Review 12-39, published by NMIMS School of Law, Mumbai.
- How Free is ‘Free Transferability’ of Shares in Liberalized India? – An Analysis of the Judicial Response, 2011 KIIT Journal of Law and Society, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp 97-103, published by School of Law, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar. ISSN – 2231-5144.
Articles & Columns:
- The Uniform Civil Code – An Unkept Tryst with Destiny, the Alliancian, Vol. 5, Issue 2, Oct – Dec 2015, pp 24-25. (the Alliancian is the quarterly newsletter of Alliance University, Bangalore).
- The Changing Dimensions of Legal Education in India, Lawctopus, May 18, 2016.
- The Supreme Court and Personal Liberty – The S. 377 Paradox, Achievers Guild CLAT, Vol 2, Issue 11, October 2016, pp 08-10.
Workshops, FDPs and Conferences (as Resource Person / Chairperson)
- Resource Person for the session on “Recent Updates in Business Laws” at the One Week Faculty Development Programme on “Emerging Business Opportunities and Empowering Management Faculty” organised by Dept. of Management Studies, Ramaiah Institute of Technology on 22nd January 2020.
- Chairperson in a session at the “Two Day National Workshop on Access And Benefit Sharing And Conservation of Biological Diversity"organised by School of Law, Christ (Deemed to be University) in collaboration with CEERA, NLSIU Bangalore at Christ (Deemed to be University, Bengaluru on 28th and 29th September 2018.
- Resource Person at the GNLU International Conference on “Modern Corporate Laws: Understanding the Dynamism” – Within and Beyond the Legal Boundaries, organized by Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, on 5th October 2013.
Workshops, FDPs and Conferences (as Participant)
- Attended a One Day Faculty Development Programme on “Outcome Based Education System” organized by Ramaiah College of Law, Bengaluru on 6th February 2019.
- Participated in the “Two Day Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights” organized by Ramaiah Intellectual Property Rights Cell in collaboration with Karnataka State Council of Science and Technology on 28th and 29th January 2019.
- Attended the “Two Day National Seminar on Teaching Methodology of Commercial Law in the Context of Social Justice” organized by Ramaiah College of Law, Bengaluru on 8th and 9th September 2018.
- Attended the One Day Faculty Development Programme on “Contemporary Issues in Teaching Methodology & Clinical Legal Education” organized by Ramaiah College of Law, Bengaluru on 30th July 2018.
- Attended the One Day Faculty Development Programme organized by Alliance School of Law, Alliance University, Bengaluru on 22nd December 2014.
- Attended the All India Law Teachers Congress on “Law Teaching & Research: Recent Developments”, organized by School of Law, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, on 18th & 19th December 2010
- Attended a Two-Day Workshop on “Legal Research Method”, organized by School of Law, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, on 27th & 28th September 2010.