Dr. Safika Praveen Sheikh
Alliance Ascent College
Dr. Safika Praveen Sheikh earned her Ph.D. in Finance from the Centre for Management Studies, Jamia Millia Islamia, New-Delhi. She comes from the City of Lakes, Udaipur. She recently completed her Post-Doctoral Research at ICSSR, Ministry of Education, New Delhi. She has also served DEA-NIFM Research Programme, Ministry of Finance (Govt. of India) on research projects related to the development of the Bond market of India.
Dr. Safika’s current research areas focus on financial market with the specific emphasis on volatility of bond market and stock market. She has published many research papers in journals of national and international repute, and has presented papers in national and international conferences, and has participated in several workshops.
Dr. Safika believes that in combining her experiences and abilities to be a compassionate, enthusiastic, intelligent teacher who will make a positive contribution to the community at large.
- A paper entitled as “Do Implied Volatilities of Stock and Commodities Markets Affect Bond, Conventional and Shariah Indices Differently? An evidence by OVX, GVZ and VIX” in Eurasian Economic review.
- Sheikh, S.P. (2021). “Comparing the Performance of Fixed Income Index with Stock index and Currency: An Evidence by Indian Financial Market”. Sahulat: A Journal of Interest Free Microfinance, 9(1), 1-12.
- Sheikh, S.P, Dar, S & Rather, S.A. (2020). Volatility Contagion and Portfolio Diversification among Shariah and Conventional Indices: An Evidence by MGARCH Models. Journal of King Abdul Aziz University, 33(1), 35-55.
- Sheikh, S.P, Vajpayee, S & Dar, S (2019). Fintech or Techfin: Discovery of an Extant State by Panel Data Estimation. International Journal of Management Studies, 2(4), 124- 131.
- Siddiqui, S. & Sheikh, S. P (2017). Evidences of co-movement in Nifty and Nifty Shariah: Application of Autoregressive models. Indian journal of commerce and Management studies, 8(1(1)), 110-114.
- Siddiqui, S. & Sheikh, S. P. (2016). Movement of Shariah Indices in Financial Crisis Period: Exploring Evidences from National Stock Exchange of India. Journal of Islamic Economics, Banking and Finance, 12(1),153-171.
- Siddiqui, S. & Sheikh, S.P. (2016). Modelling the Return of Shariah with Underlying Indices of National Stock Exchange of India: A case of 3SLS and GMM Estimation. Journal of Emerging Economies and Islamic research, 4(2),1-15.
- Sheikh, S. P. and Sheikh, S. P. (2016).Critical issues encountered by Islamic Finance Industry. Asian Journal of Management application and research, 6(1), 78-85.
- Jan, S. and Sheikh, S. P.(2014). A strategic entrepreneurship: A smart amalgam of fields of entrepreneurship and strategic management. Asian Journal of Management application and research, 4(1),10-13.
- Gulati, D.,Choudhary, A. & Sheikh, S. P.(2013). Corporate Dividend Policy in Indian Steel industry. International research Journal of Management science and technology, 4(2), 706-735.
Chapters in Books and Conference proceedings
- Chapter entitled as Contagion in CNX Nifty Shariah and CNX Nifty: Modelling with GMM, published in a book ‘Recent trends in Business Finance’ (ISBN 978818484568-6) Selected Publications Chapters in Books and Conference proceedings
- Chapter entitled as Comparative Garch Modelling for Global Socially Reliable Indices, published in a book Business Analytics and Intelligence (ISBN 978938590954- 2)
- Chapter entitled as Shariah Stock indices in India, published in a book Islamic Banking in India : Scope an Challenges (ASIN B001UGJY2I)
- Presented a Paper entitled as Volatility Spillover from Crude oil and Gold on Equity Markets of Selected GCC countries in Two-day National Seminar on India and Contemporary West Asia: Predicaments, Prospects and Policies organized by Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi from 29th to 30st March 2019.
- Presented a Paper entitled as Fintech or Techfin: Discovery of an Extant State byPanel Data Estimation in International Conference on Emerging Perspective of Fintech organized by Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi and Ministry of Finance, Govt of India from 12th to 13st November 2018.
- Presented a Paper entitled as Co-integration among Brent Crude oil, Nifty 50 and Exchange rate: An ARDL Bounds Testing Approach in 3rd International Conference on Financial Markets & Corporate Finance organized by Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur from 12th to 14st July 2018.
- Presented a paper entitled as Assessing the movements of Selected Shariah indices in two-day National Conference on Indian Economy: Challenges and Prospects organized by Council of Economic Research, New Delhi from 3rd to 4th March 2018.
- Presented a paper entitled as Need of Literacy of Islamic Finance in India: An Evidence by NSE in two-day National Seminar on Towards Equality, Justice and Fraternity in Contemporary India Creating a better Tomorrow through Islamic Studies organized by Maulana Azad University, Jodhpur from 20th to 21st October 2017.
- Presented a paper entitled as Comparative Garch Modelling for Global Socially Reliable Indices in 4th International Conference on Business Analytics and Intelligence 2016(ICBAI-2016) organize by Analytics Society of India with Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore from 19th to 21st December 2016.
- Presented a paper entitled as Financial crises and Global Economic IntegrationEvidence from Select Shariah indices in 11th International Conference on Islamic Economics and Finance (11th ICIEF) organized by International Islamic University, Malaysia from 11th to 13th October 2016.
- Presented a paper entitled as Impact of Information transmission on Conditional volatility and diversification opportunity: Global Shariah Vs. Conventional Indices in Conferences 7 th International Conference on Excellence in Research and Education (CERE 2016) organized by Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Indore from 5th May 2016 to 8th May 2016.
- Presented a Paper entitled as Challenges of Islamic Finance Industry –A conceptual study in National Conference- 2016 organized by Integral university, Lucknow from 18th to 19th March 2016.
- Presented a paper entitled as “Application of GARCH family models on select world Shariah indices” in UGC sponsored national conference on Emerging challenges and opportunities in business and economic environment held by Zakir Hussain Delhi College (evening), University of Delhi on 3rd and 4th November 2015.
- Presented a paper “Contagion in CNX Nifty Shariah and CNX Nifty: Modelling with GMM” in UGC sponsored International conference on Recent trends in Business Finance and Economics held by Jai Narayan Vyas University, Jodhpur from 8th to 10th October 2015.
- Presented a paper entitled as Relationship of CNX Nifty Shariah and CNX 500 Shariah with their Parent Indices in International Finance Conclave 2015 organised by Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi on 28th February, 2015.
- Participated in the workshop on Game theory for Engineers and Managers, organized by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur and AICTE, New Delhi from 27th March to 31st March 2018.
- Participated in 15th Annual Capital Market Conference - ‘CAPAM 2018’ organised by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry on 11th September 2018
- Participated in the workshop on R entitled as FinMode-17 organized by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur from 5th September to 9th September 2017.
- Participated in the workshop on entitled as Econometric Modelling in Social Science Research- 2017 organized by Army Institute of Management and Technology Greater Noida from 19th May to 20th May 2017.
- Participated in a six-day research methodology course for Ph. D. students organized by UGC-HRDC, Jamia Millia Islamia, New-Delhi from 7th to 12th September, 2015.
- Participated in the workshop on Copyright law and Plagiarism: Issues and perspectives organized by Faculty of law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi on 28th April, 2015.
- Participated in the workshop on Turnitin (an originality and anti-plagiarism web tool) Workshops organized by Dr. Zakir Husain Library Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi on 7th April, 2015.
- Attended a one-day Seminar on “Intellectual property Rights Sensitization Programme” conducted by Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)& Intellectual Property Office on 23rd December 2008.
- Attended a workshop on “Analysis of Case Studies” by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) & Management Development Academy.