Dr. Mukta Mukherjee
Department of Economics
Dr. Mukta Mukherjee completed her Ph.D. in Economics from Department of Economics, Syracuse University. Her dissertation thesis was on “Effect of Infrastructure and Taxes on Current and Future Wage Earnings”.
Dr. Mukherjee has both research and teaching experience. Before joining Alliance University, she has worked with various reputed academic institutions and has also worked at Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi that enriched her research experience.
Her research interests include development economics, public finance and applied econometrics.
- Alam, Moneer and Mukherjee, Mukta(2008), “Ageing, Activities of Daily Living Disabilities and the Need for Public Health Initiatives: Some Evidence from a Household Survey in Delhi”; in Chopra, Kanchan and C.H. Hanumantha Rao (eds), Growth, Equity, Environment and Population: Economic and Sociological Perspectives, pp. 369-91, New Delhi: Sage Publications.
- Rajaraman, Indira and Mukta Mukherjee(2006), “ Predicting the Probability of Default on Bank Loans & NPAs” ; The Empirical Economics Letters 5:3(May); 171-180.
- Alam, Moneer and Mukherjee, Mukta(2005), “Ageing, Activities of Daily Living Disabilities and the Need for Public Health Initiatives: Some Evidence from a Household Survey in Delhi”; Asia-Pacific Population Journal. 20 (2), pp.47-76.
- Does Better Access to School Increase Enrolment? A Regression- Discontinuity Approach” has been cited in multiple places including in World Bank chapters and American Economic Review.
- “The Effect of Fringe Benefit Tax on Wages: Evidence from India” was accepted in “ Singapore Economic Conference” in 2019 and taught as part of course curriculum in Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi.