Dr. Mrinmoy Bhattacharjee
Alliance School of Business
Dr. Bhattacharjee is an MBA and PhD in marketing and is associated with academics for more than one and half decades. His thought provoking opinions on enterprises, brands and their changing social and environmental roles are published on reputed and widely read platforms such as Business Insider, Economic Times-Brand Equity, and TSS. Some of his recent pieces on brand activism and marketing to the deprived markets have received significant appreciation from practitioners and academics. He is a firm subscriber of shared-value idea and believes that social and economic impact are synergistic in nature which creates a symbiotic relationship between enterprises, brands and the society.
Early in his career, he worked for Telecom behemoth, Reliance Infocomm, in Bangalore. He is a member of academic council and board of studies in few Indian Universities.
His research interest is in the social marketing domain, which predominantly deals with tools and strategies to induce a process of permanent behavioral change in the members of the society for achieving a greater or common good. He also holds keen interest in diffusion of innovation theories as this area has high proximity to social marketing. Technology Startups in deprived and low- income markets is also an area of his interest.
Research Papers/ Articles Published:
- CEMEX: A Cement Company Which Crafted a Strategy to Serve the Impoverished in a Profitable Way. The Strategy Story, May 2021. https://thestrategystory.com/2021/05/09/cemex-strategy/
- “Strategic Management in Higher Education Institution: Emphasis to Management and Technical Institutes in India”, Journal of Higher Education (IUP), Vol. III, No. 3, August, 2008.
- “Application Of Market Basket Analysis To Understand Students Career Options: A Study On Management Under Graduate Students At IU, Mizoram”, Indian Journal of Marketing, Vol. 42, No. 4, April, 2012.
- “Barriers to The Balanced Growth of Life Insurance Market in Barak Valley, Assam”, Marketing Mastermind, Vol. 11, No. 7, July, 2011.
- “Market Segmentation in Telecom sector: Its Role and Scope in Cellular Services in India”, The Strategist, Journal of Dept. of Management, Assam University, Vol. 2, No. 2, December, 2011.
- “A study of consumer protection in the context of Aizawl, Mizoram”, BANIJYA, The Journal of Commerce, Vol. 5, No. 1, 2012 Issue.
- “Customer Satisfaction in Life Insurance: An Empirical Study On Life Insurance Customers In Three Districts Of Barak Valley, Assam”, Pacific Business Review International, Volume 5, Issue 6, December, 2012.
- “Perception’ as one of the ‘P’ in services marketing mix: An improvisation of Julian Yudelson work”, Amity Business Review International, Volume 14, No. 1, January- June Issue, 2013.
- “Team Management: Simplifying from a Child’s Perspective”, Srusti Management Review, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha, Volume 6, Issue 2, January- June issue, 2013.
- "Perceptual Gap between Customers, Employees and Management: An Empirical Study on Three Major Hotels in Aizawl, Mizoram", SIDDHANTH, Journal of decision making, Vol. 13, No. 4, Oct- Dec. 2013.
- “Models for segmenting life insurance customers: An analytical Study”, ICFAI University Jharkhand journal of Management, Vol.1, No. 1, 2013 issue.
- Book Review “Thank you For Being Late” by Thomas L. Friedman, Management Today, Vol. 7, No. 1, Jan- March issue, 2017.
- “Entrepreneurial Descendants of Technological Disruption: A Striking Challenge for Governance and Regulatory Practices in 21st Century”, Marketing Mastermind, June Issue, 2017.
- Artificial Intelligence in Marketing and Accounting: An Exploratory Study to ascertain the potential reach of AI, ROOTS, International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research, ISSN: 2349-8684, March, 2018.
- Accelerating Diffusion of innovation: A cased based approach to explore and build a sustainable framework relevant for 21st Century, Journal of Contemporary Research in Management, ISSN: 0973-9785, March 2018.
- Disruptive Value creation in business: A cased based analytical study to understand the potential impact of disruptive value on competitive forces, Management Today, International Journal, July-September issue 2018.
- Book Review “Unlocking the customer value chain” by Thales S. Teixeira, Management Today, Vol. 9, No. 3, July issue, 2019.
- Book Review “The infinite game” by Simon Sinek, Marketing Mastermind, ICFAI University Press, June 2020 issue, ISSN 09725156
- A gender- wise comparative study on career- related aspirations of Management post graduate students, NOLEGEIN Journal of Consumer Behavior and Market Research, Vol.2, Issue 2, December, 2019, ISSN 25814400
- A study to understand social adoption behavior in the context of diffusion theories: An early-stage qualitative research, The Journal of Oriental Research Madras, August 2021, ISSN 0022-3301.
Chapter in Edited Volume:
- Chapter 6, “The marketing mix elements for social cause: A rational approach to derive the new 4P’s”, Emerging Issues in management, Mittal Publication, New Delhi, 2015.
- Innovation-led Product Rejuvenation during Pandemic: A Study to Understand Possibilities of Revival of PCs". Accepted for publication (September 2021) in the book "Entrepreneurial research and sustainable business growth in COVID-19 pandemic: An Indian Perspective". ISBN 978-93-91260-19-4
- Information Security Education and Awareness, NIELIT (Ministry of Communication and information Technology, Govt. of India), 22 August, 2012.
- Lessons to be learnt from Greece crisis, M P Birla Institute of Management, Bangalore, 27th of July, 2015.
- Companies Act 2013- Issues and Challenges, BMS College for Women, Bangalore, 4th and 5th of February, 2016.
- FDP, Bangalore University, Canara Bank School of Management Studies, 21st of March, 2016.
- FDP on Marketing strategies for the Bottom of the Pyramid, R V Institute of Management, Bangalore, 25th April, 2016.
- Deconstructing data localization in India, CARNEGIE INDIA, 4th December, 2019, Bangalore.
- Workshop on “Critical Organization Studies- Managing the Post-Colony-Focus on South Asia”, jointly organized by Indian Institute of Management Calcutta and Alliance Business School, 7-8 May, 2021.
Media Articles and Short Cases:
- “Apple is spearheading the revival in personal computers”, Business Insider India, 29th June, 2021
- “Sushil Kumar’s fall from grace, apologetic Baba Ramdev and Patanjali Ghee”, Economic Times-Brand Equity, July 13, 2021.
- “Amazon-Mastering the art of decoupling and recoupling”, The Strategy Story, 4th September, 2021.
- “Fundamentals of building trust in business and brands”, The Marketing Soul Blog, 25th October, 2020.
- “How to create a self-sustaining customer experience system”, The Strategy Story blog, 23rd November, 2020.
- Case- A Health Insurance Company with a purpose to make people healthier- Discovery Health, The Strategy Story blog, 21st January, 2021.
- Case- Market expansion strategy of Guiabolso to serve the unserved, The Strategy Story blog, 6th March, 2021.
- Case-CEMEX: A Cement Company Which Crafted a Strategy to Serve the Impoverished in a Profitable Way, The Strategy Story blog, 9th May, 2021.
- “Customer loyalty has a new antecedent-Social Justice”, The Strategy Story blog, 26th June, 2021.
Paper Presented in Conferences:
- Strategic Orientation in Higher Education, State Level conference on Higher Education, NAAC and Higher and Technical Education Dept. of Mizoram, 30th May, 2008.
- Social cause marketing, International Conference on Marketing, IIT Delhi, XLRI & Curtin University, Australia, 21-22 December, 2013.
- Inculcating creativity and innovation in achieving business excellence, International Conference on Management Education and Practices, United Nation PRIME and Bangalore University (Two day Global Convergence of Management education and Practices), 25-26 November, 2015.
- Make in India: The Road Ahead to Inclusive Realization, National Level Conference, T John Institute of Management and Science, 11 December, 2015.
- Entrepreneurial Descendants of Technological Disruption: A Striking Challenge for Governance and Regulatory Practices in 21st Century, International Conference, IFIM Bangalore, 10th March, 2017.
- Gender Diversity and Business Start-Ups: An Exploratory Study on Indian Technology Based Start-Ups, National Conference, Sai Vidya College of Technology, Bangalore, 21-22 April, 2017.
- Towards development of a new marketing theory, Research workshop, Indus Business Academy, Bangalore, 17th March, 2018.
- Strategy, system and service for sustainability and scalability of business, International Conference, Pondicherry University, Puducherry, 23rd March 2018.
- A Study to understand social adoption behavior in the context of diffusion theories: An early- stage qualitative research, Fusion 2021, Emerging trends in business, technology and its implications, IFIM Autonomous College, International Conference, Bangalore, 19th March, 2021.
- Co- Convener, National Level Conference on Innovation for Growth, Sustainability, Inclusion and Preservation, T. John College, Bangalore (Affiliated to Bangalore University), 21st June, 2016.
- Track Chair, National Level Conference on Transforming India Through Innovation and Entrepreneurship, TIMS, Bangalore, 6th December, 2016.