Dr. Mir Wajahat Hussain
Alliance College of Engineering and Design
Dr. Mir Wajahat Hussain received his Ph D in computer science from the National Institute of Technology Meghalaya, Shillong. His research interests include software defined networks and big data. He received his Master’s degree in computer science from the National Institute of Technology Arunachal Pradesh.
Dr. Hussain has been awarded by the Municipal Corporation, at Shillong Hackathon 2017 for developing an application for handling Vehicle Tracking System.
- Hussain, M. W., Reddy, K. H. K., Rodrigues, J. J., & Roy, D. S. (2020). An Indirect Controller-Legacy Switch Forwarding Scheme for Link Discovery in Hybrid SDN. IEEE Systems Journal. (SCI-Indexed, I. F=3.987)
- Hussain, M. W., Pradhan, B., Gao, X. Z., Reddy, K. H. K., & Roy, D. S. (2020). Clonal selection algorithm for energy minimization in software defined networks. Applied Soft Computing, 96, 106617. (SCI-Indexed, I. F=6.725)
- HUSSAIN, M. W., REDDY, K. H., & ROY, D. S. (2021). A counter based approach for reducer placement with augmented Hadoop rack awareness. Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences, 29(1), 437-453. (SCI-Indexed, I. F=0.8)
- Hussain, M. W., Reddy, K. H. K., & Roy, D. S. (2019). Resource aware execution of speculated tasks in Hadoop with SDN. J. Adv. Sci. Technol., 28(13), 72-84. (Scopus-Indexed)
- Qualified GATE 3 times in 2015, 2016 & 2017 In Computer Science and Information Technology (CS).
- Ashu, A., Hussain, M. W., Roy, D. S., & Reddy, H. K. (2019, December). Intelligent Data Compression Policy for Hadoop Performance Optimization. In International Conference on Soft Computing and Pattern Recognition(pp. 80-89). Springer, Cham.
- Hussain, M. W., & Roy, D. S. (2021, May). Enabling Indirect Link Discovery Between SDN Switches. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Computing and Communication Systems: I3CS 2020, NEHU, Shillong, India(Vol. 170, p. 471). Springer Nature.
- Hussain, M. W., & Roy, D. S. Enabling Intelligent Node Placement for Improving Traffic Engineering in Hybrid SDN In International Conference in Communication, Devices and Networking (pp.) Springer (Accepted).