Dr. Chandni Pathak
Department of Science
Dr. Chandni Pathak completed her Doctor of Philosophy on “designing small molecule analogues of purple acid phosphatase and zinc phosphoesterase” from the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT Bombay) in one of the top organometallic synthesis and homogenous catalysis lab of India. She teaches engineering chemistry and environmental studies to graduate students. Dr. Pathak is a gold medalist in M.Sc. Chemistry awarded by Rani Durgawati University.
Dr. Pathak is an efficient chemist with the skills of synthesizing multistep organic and multinuclear metallo-compounds and their use in enzyme catalysis as well as chemical catalysis.
- Chandni Pathak, Sandeep K. Gupta, Manoj Kumar Gangwar, A. P. Prakasham, and Prasenjit Ghosh “Modeling the Active Site of the Purple Acid Phosphatase Enzyme with Hetero-Dinuclear Mixed Valence M(II)−Fe(III) [M = Zn, Ni, Co, and Cu] Complexes Supported over a [N6O] Unsymmetrical Ligand” ACS Omega 2017, 2, 4737−4750.
- Chandni Pathak, Manoj Kumar Gangwar, and Prasenjit Ghosh “Homodinuclear [Fe(III)−Fe(III)] and [Zn(II)−Zn(II)] complexes of a binucleating [N4O3] symmetrical ligand with purple acid phosphatase (PAP) and zinc phosphoesterase like activity” Polyhedron, 2018, 145, 88-100.
- Chandni Pathak, Dharmendra Kumar, Manoj Kumar Gangwar, Darshan Mhatre, Thierry Roisnel, Prasenjit Ghosh “Heterodinuclear Zn(II)−Fe(III) and Homodinuclear M(II)−M(II) [M=Zn and Ni] complexes of a Bicompartmental [N6O] ligand as synthetic mimics of the hydrolase family of enzymes” Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, (2018), 185, 30-42.
- Adelew Estifanos Filkale and Chandni Pathak “Dinuclear cobalt complexes supported by biphenol and binaphthol-derived bis(salicylaldimine) ligands: synthesis, characterization and catalytic application in b-enaminone synthesis from 1,3-dicarbonyl compounds and aliphatic amines” New J. Chem., 2020, 44, 15109-15121.
- Research grant of Rs. 18,23,000 as a PI from AICET under CRS Project Scheme in 2018
- Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) awarded from Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi, India. 2013
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) awarded from Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi, India. 2011.
- Gold medallist in MSc Chemistry awarded by Rani Durgawati University in 2008
Faculty Development Program Organized and Coordinated:
- Emerging trends in Chemical Sciences and its Applications in Environment and Engineering (ETCSAEE), Jabalpur Engineering College, Jabalpur, 2020
- 21st International conference on organic synthesis, December 11-16, 2016, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India
- 18th CRSI National Symposium in Chemistry, February 5-7, 2016, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
- 16th International Symposium on Modern Trends in Inorganic Chemistry, December 3-5, 2015, Jadavpur university, Calcutta, India
- 16th CRSI National Symposium in Chemistry, February 7-9, 2014, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India