Dr. Arshpreet Kaur
Alliance College of Engineering and Design
Dr. Arshpreet Kaur earned her Ph.D. from National Institute of Technology, Delhi. Her research interests are in the areas of machine learning, disease diagnosis, image processing, signal processing and deep learning. She did her Master of Technology and Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science & Engineering from Punjab Technical University.
Dr. Kaur has worked on diagnosis of epilepsy using machine learning models. In her work she has explored different generative, discriminative models as well as deep learning models. She has also worked on prediction of different disease such as dengue, malaria, typhoid and COVID-19. The future goal of her work remains to understand and supplement medical diagnosis of various diseases to decrease the time gap in which patient receives treatment and improve the diagnosis rate by developing models that can diagnose correctly. Her research is published in referred journals (SCI). In addition to this she has also presented papers in reputed international conferences and documented in book chapters.
- Swaraj, K. Verma, A. Kaur, G. Singh, A. Kumar, and L. Melo de Sales, “Implementation of stacking based ARIMA model for prediction of Covid-19 cases in India,” J. Biomed. Inform., vol. 121, no. August 2020, p. 103887, 2021, doi: 10.1016/j.jbi.2021.103887.(SCI)
- Kaur A, Puri V, Verma K, et al (2021) Identification of inter-ictal activity in novel data by bagged prediction method using beta and gamma waves. Multimedia Tools and Applications 1–17. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11042-021-11035-3. (SCIE)
- Arshpreet Kaur, Karan Verma, Amol P Bhondekar, Kumar Shashvat (2019). Comparison of Classification Models using Entropy-Based Features From Sub Bands of EEG “Traitement du Signal,” Vol 37, Issue 2, April 2020, pp. 279-289. (SCIE)
- Arshpreet Kaur*, Karan Verma, Amol P. Bhondekar, Kumar Shashvat.Implementation of Bagged SVM Ensemble Model for Classification of Epileptic States Using EEG, Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Volume 20, Issue 9,2019, (SCIE)
- Kumar Shashvat, Rikmantra Basu, Amol P Bhondekar, Karan Verma, Sanjay Lambha, and Arshpreet Kaur (2019). A Comparative Analysis of Time Series Models for the Forecasting of Typhoid Cases in North India “Southeast Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health”, 347-356 Volume 50, Issue 2 (SCI)
- Kumar Shashvat, Rikmantra Basu, Amol P Bhondekar and Arshpreet Kaur (2019). An Ensemble Method for Forecasting of Infectious Diseases in North India (Chandigarh) “Tropical Biomedicine”, Volume 36 Issue 4 (SCI)
- Kumar Shashvat, Rikmantra Basu, Amol P Bhondekar, Arshpreet Kaur (2019).A Weighted Ensemble Model for Prediction of Infectious Diseases “Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology”, 674-678 Volume 20 Issue 8 (SCI)
- Arshpreet Kaur, Raman Chadha, Kumar Shashvat “Classification of Wines Based on Quality Assessment Using Its Chemical Properties With Application of Discriminant Analysis” International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology (IJESRT), Vol 5 Issue 6 June 5 2016 Pages 110-118. (Impact Factor = 4.116 Thomson Reuters End Note)
- Kumar Shashvat, Raman Chadha, Arshpreet Kaur “Performance Investigation Of Generative Models For Classification Of Alcohols” International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology (IJESRT), Vol 5 Issue 6 June 2016 Pages 110-118. (Impact Factor = 4.116 Thomson Reuters End Note)
- Rajesh Kumar, Kumar Shashvat, Arshpreet Kaur, Raman Chadha “Efficient Clustering With Advanced Particle Swarm Optimization” International Journal of Engineering Research in Computer Science and Engineering(IJERCSE), vol 3, Issue 2, February 2016, pages 47-54 (Impact Factor =3.8), 2016