Dr. Abraham George
Head of Department - Computer Science & Engineering
Alliance College of Engineering and Design
Dr. Abraham George earned his Doctorate degree in Computer Science from University of Louisville, USA and Master’s degree in Computer Science and Master’s degree in Communication and Information Sciences from Ball State University, USA. He holds a Mechanical Engineering degree from Govt. College of Engineering, Trivandrum. Dr. George has over a decade and half of industry experience in multinational companies such as Kyocera and National Instruments. While in industry, he managed product development teams that created complex and innovative products.
Primary areas of interest of Dr. George include wireless networks, distributed computing and Machine Learning. His Ph.D. dissertation focused on developing mobility management protocols and algorithms for heterogeneous wireless systems with multi-hop capability that will enable users to obtain the best connectivity. Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence techniques were extensively used in devising these approaches. His work has been published in reputed journals such as Elsevier and IJPCC. He has several publications in top rated IEEE conferences.
Dr. George teaches courses in the area of Computer Networks, Machine Learning, Programming Languages, and Distributed Computing.
- George, A. Kumar, S. Srinivasan, “A Multi-hop Mobility Management Protocol for Heterogeneous Wireless Networks”, IJPCC, Vol. 5 No. 2, 2009
- A. George, A. Kumar, D. Cavalcanti, D.P. Agrawal, “A Survey of Micro-mobility Protocols for Multi-Hop Heterogeneous Wireless Networks”, Elsevier Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal, Vol 4, Issue 1, February 2008, pp. 92 -116.
- George, P. Meetei, “Handoff Management in wireless Networks using Predictive Modeling”, IEEE NCC 2011, National Conference on Communications, pp. 1 – 5.
- George, A. Kumar, S. Rashad, M. Kantardzic, “A Predictive Handoff Scheme for Multi-hop Heterogeneous Wireless Networks”, IEEE COMSWARE 2008, Proceedings. 3rd International conference, pp. 545 – 550.
- George, A. Kumar, A. Desoky. “An Analytical Model for the Performance Evaluation of Multi-hop Wireless Networks”, ISCC 2007, Proceedings. 12th IEEE Symposium, pp. 403 – 408.
- George, I. Khayat, A. Kumar, “Connection Selection Scheme for Multi-hop Heterogeneous Wireless Networks”, IEEE MASS 2006, In the Proceedings, pp. 747 - 752.
- George, A. Kumar, “Using Design Patterns in Mobility Management Protocol Design for Multi-hop Wireless Networks”, In the Proceedings of IEEE Southeast Conference, Memphis 2006, pp. 200 - 205.
- George, A. Kumar, “M3HN: An Adaptive Protocol for Mobility Management in Multi-hop Heterogeneous Networks”, ISCC 2005, Proceedings. 10th IEEE Symposium, pp. 321 – 326.
- George, S. Desai, N. Kumar, “Implementation of Multiple Signal Classification Algorithm on PXI Hardware using Graphical Programming Language”, Proceedings EWCI 2014
- George, “Service Based Connectivity in Broadband Wireless Networks”, Book Chapter, Handbook of Mobile Systems Applications and Services, Auerbach Publications, Taylor and Francis Group, April 26, 2012.