Ph.D. in Liberal Arts
At the crossroads of multiple disciplines, this programme allows students to traverse through diverse fields of art, language, history, politics, and social sciences cutting across the traditional academic structure. The programme cultivates the curiosity to observe and create innovative ways of exhibiting your research and knowledge. With multiple perspectives and diversified knowledge, students get prepared to address the current day's complexities in a global context. This programme equips students with skill sets that enable them to think critically and communicate effectively while building in them a strong ethical foundation of human values to achieve their aspirations.
Commence of the course
Mode of Study
A Master’s Degree from any recognized University. The candidate must have either her bachelor’s or master’s degree in the subject in which she intends to do Ph.D.
For Ph.D. in Transdisciplinary Studies master’s degree in any discipline from any recognized University.
Areas of Research
- Political Science
- Media Studies
- Russian studies
Areas for Research in Transdisciplinary Studies (TLS)*
- Consumer Culture Studies
- Environment and Sustainability Studies
- Labour and Critical Organization Studies
- Policy Studies
- Culture Studies
- Gender Studies
- Memory Studies
- Science and Literature Studies
- Diaspora Studies
- Global South Studies
- Migration Studies
- Society, Technology & Posthuman Studies
- Digital Humanities
- Globalization Studies
- Nation and Nationalism Studies
- Urban Studiess
- Disability Studies
- Indic Studies
- Peace Studies
- Policy Studies
Scholarships for Full-Time Research Scholars with Contingency grant.
Monetary support for attending national and international conferences for Full-Time Research Scholars.
University Journals for the publication of Research Articles.
Periodic similarity check of research papers and chapters.
Experts to guide and supervise research studies.
Intense coursework prior to the commencement of the Research Study.
Facility for Transfer of Research Scholars from other Universities or Research Institutions to Alliance University and vice-versa.
Specific provisions and relaxations with respect to women Research Scholars and specially abled persons.
Extensive interaction with luminaries.
- Research Methods & Ethics
- Theoretical Approaches
- Writing Assignment
Research Methods & Ethics:
- The course will help the students to understand qualitative and quantitative research methods, computer applications, research & publication ethics, and acquire knowledge of reviewing published work in relevant field. The course will adopt lecture, field work, workshop, seminars, and assignment methods.
- The course will facilitate ways to acquire, retain and process knowledge of various theoretical approaches that had impacted and shaped human knowledge and worldview.
- The courses will assess the critical written acumen of an aspiring scholar. The aspiring scholar needs to submit the same to the research committee and score satisfactorily. The same written work may be extended to the Ph.D. proper at a later stage.