My Journey with Alliance University as a research scholar was a fascinating one. The ...
Ph.D. in Law
As the field of law is dynamic, there is a greater need to undertake research, especially in Constitutional Law, Environmental Law, Intellectual Property Rights Law, Criminal Law, and Information Technology Law. Since the research in law is multidimensional and interdisciplinary, the programme provides excellent academic support with experienced faculty that will facilitate researchers to make significant contributions in their areas of research.
Commence of the course
January 2020 & July 2020
Mode of Study
Full Time Course
Master’s Degree (LL.M.) in law with at least 55% marks, from any recognized University.
Master’s Degree in Law (LL.M.) (Any Branch) with a minimum of 55% (50% for SC/ST) in aggregate from a recognized university.
A minimum of two years full-time work experience is desirable.
Areas of Research
- Constitutional and Administrative Law
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Criminal Law and Security Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Cyber & Technology Law
- Sustainability & Climate Change
- LGBTQ Rights
- Women & Child
Research fellowship of Rs. 35,000/month and a research allowance of Rs. 25,000/year for full-time scholars.
Monetary support for attending national and international conferences for Full-Time Research Scholars.
University Journals for the publication of Research Articles.
Periodic similarity check of research papers and chapters.
Experts to guide and supervise research studies.
Intense coursework prior to the commencement of the Research Study.
Facility for Transfer of Research Scholars from other Universities or Research Institutions to Alliance University and vice-versa.
Specific provisions and relaxations with respect to women Research Scholars and specially abled persons.
Extensive interaction with luminaries.
- Research Methodology
- Core Subjects I: Constitutional Judicial Legislative process-Law making, Jurisprudence
- Core Subjects II: Environmental Law, Contracts, Company Law, Human Rights
- Research & Publication Ethics
Research Methodology is a foundational course offered for imparting knowledge on design, methods and techniques used in social science disciplines. The course will help scholars to apply the methodology used in social sciences to legal and socio-legal research. The course is aimed to provide scholars to familiarize with various aspects of research, from formulating a research problem to research reporting and publication.
The main objective of the present syllabus is to enable the scholars to read, understand and research effectively and to familiarize the scholars with the fundamentals of applied legal concepts relating to core subjects.
Research and Publication Ethics
This course focus on basics of philosophy of science and ethics, research integrity, publication ethics. Hands-on-sessions are designed to identify research misconduct and predatory publications. Indexing and citation databases, open access publications, research metrics (citations, h-index, Impact Factor, etc.) and plagiarism tools will be introduced in this course.
Core Law: Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence, Legislative Drafting
Area Selected for the Research Work
- How to Write and Publish a Scientific Paper:; Robert A. Day, Barbara Gastel; 6th edition; Cambridge : Cambridge University; 2006
- Research Methodology Methods and Techniques; C R Kothari; 2nd edition; New Age International; 1990 (epublished in 2009)
- Research Methodology Methods and Statistical Techniques; Santhosh Gupta; New Delhi : Deep & Deep Publications ; 2000