B. Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The field of electrical and electronics engineering engages in the study and application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism and has resulted in significant inventions ranging from the radio and television to laser and fiber optics. Graduates in electrical and electronics engineering are drivers of technological change and innovation in engineering-based industries. The B. Tech. degree course in Electrical and Electronics Engineering at the Alliance College of Engineering and Design, imparts to graduates a strong foundation in physical and mathematical sciences as well as computational methods related to electrical ciruitry. In addition to offering common core subjects, the course also covers basic concepts such as analog systems, digital systems, communication systems as well as advanced concepts such as signal and image processing, microwaves, antennas and propagation.
B. Tech. (Regular): Four years (Full-time)
B. Tech. (Lateral): Three years (Full-time)
Commence of the course
January 2020 & July 2020
Mode of Study
Full Time Course
B. Tech. (Regular)
Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject
Obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.
Score in JEE (Main); JEE (Advanced); Karnataka CET; COMED-K; AUSAT (Alliance University Scholastic Aptitude Test); or any other State-level engineering entrance examination.
B. Tech. (Lateral)
Passed Diploma examination with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in ANY branch of Engineering and Technology.
Passed B. Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics as a subject.
Provided that the students belonging to B. Sc. Stream, shall clear the subjects Engineering Graphics/Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the First Year Engineering Programme along with the Second year subjects.
Provided that the students belonging to B. Sc. Stream shall be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with students belonging to the Diploma stream.
Passed D. Voc. Stream in the same or allied sector.
In the above cases, suitable bridge Courses, if required such as in Mathematics or basic Engineering foundation courses may be suitably designed and implemented.
- Minor Elective I (Intellectual Property Rights)
- Minor Elective II (Entrepreneurship Management)
- Introduction to Smart grid
- Energy Conversion & Management
- Solar Energy Conversion Systems
- Fuel Cells
- Waste to Energy
- Energy Storage Technology
- Electric Vehicle Technology
- Power Quality and FACTS
- Energy System Modelling & Analysis
- Power System Protection
- Energy Resource Economics & Environment
- Wind Energy Conversion Systems
- PLC, PIC and SCADA Applications
- Energy Audit and Demand Side Management
- Open Elective I (Renewable Energy Sources)
- Open Elective II (Utilization Of Electrical Energy)
- Open Elective III (PLC, PIC and SCADA Applications)
- Open Elective IV (Waste to Energy)
- Open Elective V (Nuclear Power Engineering)
- Career Development Program I (Communication and Soft Skills)
- Career Development Program II (Aptitude and Quantitative Skills)
- Career Development Program III (Critical Reasoning and Logical Skills)
- Career Development Program IV (Problem Solving Skills)
- Career Development Program V (Technical Capstone)
Note: An elective subject is offered in the B. Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering course only if a minimum number of students enroll in it.