Alliance University has magnificent infrastructure, very helpful faculty, and students from across the country.&...
B. Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department at Alliance University is dedicated to nurturing professionals with creative minds and practical skills for the betterment of mankind. The department has state of the art lab facilities along with an industry focused syllabus which provides a launchpad for a successful career. Electrical Engineering has always been one of the most prominent trades in modern human history and with the latest emerging trends, it promises exciting opportunities to change the way we live.
The department is also offering a specialization in Renewables and EV considering the technological advancements in the domain of Micro Grids, Smart Grids, Electric Vehicles and Renewable Energy Technologies.
B. Tech. (Regular): Four years (Full-time)
B. Tech. (Lateral): Three years (Full-time)
Commence of the course
January 2020 & July 2020
Mode of Study
Full Time Course
B. Tech. (Regular)
Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject
Obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.
Score in JEE (Main); JEE (Advanced); Karnataka CET; COMED-K; AUSAT (Alliance University Scholastic Aptitude Test); or any other State-level engineering entrance examination.
B. Tech. (Lateral)
Passed Diploma examination with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in ANY branch of Engineering and Technology.
Passed B. Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics as a subject.
Provided that the students belonging to B. Sc. Stream, shall clear the subjects Engineering Graphics/Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the First Year Engineering Programme along with the Second year subjects.
Provided that the students belonging to B. Sc. Stream shall be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with students belonging to the Diploma stream.
Passed D. Voc. Stream in the same or allied sector.
In the above cases, suitable bridge Courses, if required such as in Mathematics or basic Engineering foundation courses may be suitably designed and implemented.
- B. Tech. in EEE
- B. Tech in EEE with specialization in Renewables and EV
- The course shall be multi-disciplinary in nature and provide a solid background and knowledge in the power industry, green and clean energy technologies, and the upcoming electric vehicle technologies. It holds greater relevance owing to the current gradual shift in energy generation from the traditional fossil fuel format to the renewable energy format.
- Industrial visits, short-term training programmes guest lectures are organized to bridge the gap between academia and industry by means of insights into latest trends and develop practical knowledge.
- Minor Elective I (Intellectual Property Rights)
- Minor Elective II (Entrepreneurship Management)
- Introduction to Smart grid
- Energy Conversion & Management
- Solar Energy Conversion Systems
- Fuel Cells
- Waste to Energy
- Energy Storage Technology
- Electric Vehicle Technology
- Power Quality and FACTS
- Energy System Modelling & Analysis
- Power System Protection
- Energy Resource Economics & Environment
- Wind Energy Conversion Systems
- PLC, PIC and SCADA Applications
- Energy Audit and Demand Side Management
- Open Elective I (Renewable Energy Sources)
- Open Elective II (Utilization Of Electrical Energy)
- Open Elective III (PLC, PIC and SCADA Applications)
- Open Elective IV (Waste to Energy)
- Open Elective V (Nuclear Power Engineering)
- Career Development Program I (Communication and Soft Skills)
- Career Development Program II (Aptitude and Quantitative Skills)
- Career Development Program III (Critical Reasoning and Logical Skills)
- Career Development Program IV (Problem Solving Skills)
- Career Development Program V (Technical Capstone)
Note: An elective subject is offered in the B. Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering course only if a minimum number of students enroll in it.