On 24th of October 2021, District Legal Services Authority Kalburgi and Karnataka State Legal Services Authorities under the aegis of National Legal Services Authority organized 'Actualization of Rights & Entitlements in achieving SDG's-2030'’, 'PAN India Legal Awareness and Outreach Campaign’ and ‘Inaugural of Legal Services Clinics' at the HKE Society’s PDA Colleges Auditorium, SAC Building Kalaburg.
The event was about the Inauguration of Legal Services Clinic (Off-Campus) in Universities/ Colleges offering Law courses throughout the state of Karnataka. During the event, the complete guidelines and SOPs were released along with the 2nd edition of caricature book on legal literacy to the public in regional language.
In the event following dignitaries were present:
- Chief Guest Hon’ble Mr. Justice Uday Umesh Lalit - Judge, Supreme Court & Executive Chairman, National Legal Service Authorities.
- Guest of Honour Hon’ble Mr. Justice Ritu Raj Awasthi - Chief Justice, High Court Karnataka & patron-in-Chief Karnataka State Legal Services Authorities.
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice B. Veerappa - Judge High Court of Karnataka & Executive Chairman, Karnataka State Legal Services Authority.
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice P.S. Dinesh Kumar - Judge, High Court of Karnataka, Chairman High Court Legal Services Committee.
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice Dixit Krishna Shripad - Judge, High Court of Karnataka & Administrative Judge Kalburgi.
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice R. Devdas - Judge, High Court of Karnataka.
- Shri Prabhuling K. Navadgi - Advocate General for the State of Karnataka.
Asst. Prof. Shreshth Bhatnagar of the Alliance School of Law represented Alliance University as faculty in charge of Alliance University Legal Services Clinic (AULSC). The Off-Campus Alliance University Legal Services Clinic (AULSC) was inaugurated by the Chief Guest of the event - Hon’ble Mr. Justice Uday Umesh Lalit - Judge, Supreme Court & Executive Chairman, National Legal Service Authorities.
The Off Campus Alliance University Legal Services Clinic at Ambedkar Bhawan, R.K. Colony, Chandapura - Anekal main road has adopted 5 villages for the provision of free legal services:
- Chikka Hagade
- Agrahara Palya
- Jantha Colony
The event concluded with a tea session followed up with the rendering of the National Anthem.