Prof. Mohanasundaram K.
Alliance Ascent College
Prof. Mohanasundaram. K is an M.Phil Postgraduate in Statistics with 17 years of teaching experience and six years of project experience in a Non-Government Organization. After completing his M.Sc.(Statistics) from Loyola College, Chennai, he pursued a Master of Computer Application (MCA) degree from Bharathidasan University during 2001, M.Phil in Statistics from Periyar University (2010), and a Master of Business Administration degree from Anna University, Chennai (2015). He worked for an NGO as a Statistical Assistant from 1994-2000 which was a funded project of the World Health Organization. Prior to joining Alliance University, he worked for Tagore College of Arts and Science, Chromepet, Chennai as Lecturer in Statistics for a period of five years (2000-2005) and served as Faculty in the Department of Computer Science at D.B. Jain College, Chennai for two years (2005-2007). He also worked as Head of the Department for Quantitative Studies at Bangalore Management Academy for a period of four years (2007-2010). He worked for the International School of Management Excellence, Bangalore as Associate Professor – Quantitative Techniques from 2010-2011. His teaching area includes, Quantitative Analysis, C Programming, Numerical Methods, C++ programming, Java Programming,, Database Management Systems, Business Statistics, Business Research Methods, Production and Operations Management, Operations Research, Supply Chain Management, Business Analytics and Total Quality Management, along with relevant expertise in e-learning modules and managerial experience of handling a team of facilitators. He obtained 100% results in Statistics and Operations Research during the academic year in the examinations conducted by the University of Madras and again produced 100% results for four batches of students on Quantitative Studies for the Edith Cowan University, Australia. His areas of interest are in the field of Data Mining and Total Quality Management.
- ‘Factors that influence momentary decision making by management students of southern Bangalore concentrating on their time allocation and habitual activities’, published in theInternational Journal of Research in Computer Applications and Management ( IJRCM),Volume No. 5, Issue No. 01, January, 2015.
- ‘Co-integration of CNX IT index and exchange rates : Evidence from Indian Market’, published in the International Journal of Research in Commerce, IT, Engineering and Social Sciences ( IJRCIESS) Vol 1, issue 4, October 2014,ISSN(P):2349-7793; page 11-19
- ‘Evaluation of Indian diabetic risk score for screening undiagnosed diabetes subjects in the community’, published in the Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol 5, No. 6, June 2012, ISSN: 0974-6846.
- ‘Multimodal Logistics: Key Issues and Challenges - An Indian perspective’, presented at the One Day National Seminar on Trends and Challenges in the Logistics Industry (LOGISTIQUE), July 12, 2014, Siva Sivani Institute of Management, Kompally, Secunerabad.
- ‘Total Quality Management- A competitive advantage for Productions and Operations’, presented at the Two day National Conference on Strategic Quality Management (NCSQM), April 5-6, 2013, GITAM School of International Business, GITAM University, Visakhapatnam.
- ‘Global Perspective of Operations and Service Management: challenges and opportunities’, presented at the National Conference on Business Challenges and Opportunities due to Globalization, February 22, 2013, Prof. Dhanapalan College of Arts and Science, Department of Management, Chennai
- ‘Review on Performance Measures in Marketing- Marketing Analytics and Marketing Metrics’, presented at the International Conference on Innovative Marketing Strategies for Emerging Markets- What’s Next?, February 11-12, 2013, Siva Sivani Institute of Management , Kompally, Secunderabad
- ‘Financial Inclusions through Micro Finance A focus on the SHG-Bank Linkage Model’, presented at the 5th National Conference on Contemporary issues in Business Management (CIBM 2012), October 19, 2012, New Delhi
- ‘Educational Data Mining – Challenges and Opportunities’, presented and published at the 2nd International Conference on Sustainable Management Growth, July 28-30, 2010, Annamalai University, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu, Annamalai university Tissl international publications, ISBN 978-93-80449-16-6
- ‘Attitude of youth towards Entrepreneurship’, presented and published at the 2nd International Conference on Sustainable Management Growth, July 28-30, 2010, Annamalai University, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu, Annamalai university Tissl international publications, ISBN 978-93-80449-16-6