Dr. Hemant Gupta
Alliance School of Business
Dr. Hemant Gupta is an Assistant Professor in area of Marketing. He was awarded Doctor of Philosophy from National Institute of Technology (NIT), Durgapur and holds a Master in Business Management from University of Calcutta. He also holds professional degree in Pharmaceutical Technology (B.Pharm.). Dr. Gupta has worked in various roles and functions in the Pharma and FMCG Industry.
Dr. Gupta has his research interests in areas such as indicators of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), value chain management, pharmaceutical and healthcare management. Recently, he published a book named ‘Economics Sure Shot’ for the students of class 12th to present the easiest way to learn the basic concepts of economics from examination point of view. He is very passionate about women empowerment and process digitalization.
Dr. Gupta teaches courses in the areas of marketing management and strategic management.
- 'Comparative Assessment of the Preferences of Two Stakeholders of Pharmacy
- Education on Curriculum Remodelling: A Conjoint Analysis Approach' Under review
- IJPER (Wolters Kluwer)
- Mandal, K. & Gupta, H. (2019) Gap versus Performance Based Measure of
- Pharmaceutical Education Service Quality: An Empirical Comparison. IJPER (Wolters
- Kluwer), 53 (3), 423-434. (SCI & Scopus indexed journal) [DOI: 10.5530/ijper.53.3.75]
- (Impact factor-0.49)
- Mandal, K. & Gupta, H. (2018) Service Quality Gap Measurement in Pharmaceutical
- Educational Institutes: An Empirical Analysis for Model Development. IJPER (Wolters Kluwer), 52(3), 351-362. (SCI & Scopus indexed journal) [DOI: 10.5530/ijper.52.3.41] (Impact factor- 0.49)
- Gupta, H. & Mandal, K. (2017) Student Orientations towards Course and Its Impact: An Empirical Study on Pharmacy Student. International Journal of Economic Research, 14 (8), 397-406. (Scopus Indexed & ABDC- C)
- Gupta, H. & Mandal, K. (2016) In Search of Service Quality Gap in Pharmaceutical
- Education: An Alternative Approach. IJABER, 14 (12), 8563-8580. (Scopus Indexed)
- Dutta, UP., Gupta, H., Sarkar, A. & Sengupta, PP. (May, 2020). Some Determinants of Infant Mortality Rate in SAARC Countries: An Empirical Assessment through Panel Data Analysis. Child Indicators Research (Springer), 13(6), 2093-2116. (SCI, SSCI, Scopus indexed journal) [DOI: 10.1007/s12187-020-09734-8] (Impact factor-1.719)
- Dutta, UP., Gupta, H. & Sengupta, PP. (2019). ICT and Health Outcome Nexus in 30 selected Asian Countries: Fresh Evidence from Panel Data Analysis. Technology in Society (Elsevier), 59, 101184. (SCI, SSCI, ABDC, Scopus indexed journal) [DOI:10.1016/j.techsoc.2019.101184] (Impact factor-1.67)
- Gupta, H., Dutta, UP. & Sengupta, PP (2018). The Socioeconomic Dimensions for the Management of Hemophilia in India: An Empirical Study. Journal of Health Management (Sage), 20(1), 1-8. (Web of Science & Scopus Indexed) [DOI: 10.1177/0972063417747699]
- Exploring the Nexus between Mobile Phone Penetration and Health Outcome: Panel Evidence from 25 selected Asian Countries. Role of IT- ITES in Economic Development of Asia- Issues of Growth, Sustainability and Governance (1st). ISBN 978-981-15-4205-3. Springer Nature Singapore 2020. Pp- 163-178.
Gender equality and Women Empowerment
- “A Logistic Regression Approach to Predict the Women Empowerment through Financial Inclusion: An Empirical Evidence from Rural India” Under review Equality, diversity and inclusion: An international journal (ABDC-B)
- Gupta, H. & Lohia, N (2019). Dynamics of the Society and Women: Need of Empowerment. Women Empowerment and Gender Issues (1st). ISBN 978-1-925823-21-9. Central west publishing-Australia. Pp-29-46.
- Gupta, H. & Lohia, N (2019). Women and Abortion in India: A Curse or Right? Strategies and Dimensions for Women Empowerment (1st) ISBN 978-1-925823-45-5. Central west publishing-Australia.Pp-109-128.
- Dutta, UP., Gupta, H. & Sengupta, PP. (2016). Exploring the Nexus between Remittances, ODA, Financial Development, and Economic Growth: A Study of India. IJABER. 14(12), 8597-8608. (Scopus Indexed)
- Four Expert Lectures on Agricultural input marketing in International Online Training Programme on Agri- Business Entrepreneurship in Collaboration with Vaikunth Mehta National Institute of Cooperative Management, Pune from 03rd April to 25th June 2021
- Working as Principal Investigator on the project titled “A study for measuring the perception of lay people about Charusat Hospital” from April 2021.
- Worked as a Research Assistant on the project titled “The impact assessment study of various CSR activities of DSP” from April 2018 to June 2018.
Scholarship and Awards:
- Young Scientist Award from VDGOOD Professional Association in 2021.
- B. M. Mithal Memorial Best Paper Award 2020 in field of Pharmacy Education.
- Best Paper Award at 6th International Conference on Economic and Finance Research (ICEFR 2017).
- Research fellowship from NIT- Durgapur.
- Best Employee of the Year for Kolkata zone-2009 from Win-Medicare Ltd.
- The 4th IIMA International Conference on Advances in Healthcare Management
- Services (ICAHMS – 2019) Feb. 2019.
- The 6th International Conference on Economic and Finance Research (ICEFR 2017) July 2017.
- The 3rd International Conference on Business & Information Management (ICBIM 2016) Jan 2016.
- The 4th International Conference on Business, Management, Economics, Finance and Social Science (ICBMEFS 2016) Dec. 2016.