Dr. Ekta Sawhney
Alliance Ascent College
Dr. Ekta Sawhney works as an Assistant Professor at Alliance University. She teaches Business Communication to management students. She has completed her Doctorate from Babu Banarasi Das University, Lucknow and Post Graduation in English Literature from IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University).Her research topic revolves around the broad spectrum of Spirituality and focuses on Transcendentalism and Ralph Waldo Emerson. Her interests include reading about Spirituality, Mysticism and Paranormal Phenomenon. She also has a deep interest in reading about Sufism.
- Phoenix -Rising from the Ashes ( A Collection of Poems). Zorba Publishers, Gurgaon, May 2021. https://www.zorbabooks.com/store/poetry/blosomms-a-collection-of-poems/
- The Hermit of the Woods, published in Literary Endeavour, UGC Approved Refereed Journal of English Language, Literature & Criticism, Vol 1X, Issue 3, July 2018.
- Swami Vivekananda’s views on Women, published in Langlit, an International peer-reviewed open access online Journal, Volume IV, Issue I, ISSN 2349-5189 August 2017.
- The Grace of A Guru: published in IJELLH (International Journal of English Language, Literature & Humanities, Volume IV Issue III, ISSN 2321-7065 March 2016.
- Pearls in the Ocean, Published in IJMSRR, (International Journal of Management & Social Science Review0, A Peer Reviewed & Indexed Journal, Volume 1, Issue 5 May 2016, ISSN: 2349-6746.
- ‘A Saint Called Ramakrishna’, published in IJELLH (International Journal of English Language, Literature & Humanities), Volume IV Issue XI, ISSN 2321-7065, November 2016.
- The Impact of Globalization on English Literature with special reference to Girish Karnad’s “The Fire and the Rain”, published in IJELLH: Volume III, Issue VIII, October 2015, ISSN 2321-7065.
- The Path to Freedom through Karma: published in IJELLH: Volume III, Issue III: May 2015, ISSN 2321-7065.
Papers Presented in Seminars & Conferences:
- Presented a Paper titled “Spirituality-The Missing Link” at the 7th International Conference on ‘Spirituality beyond Repertoire: A Leadership Key to Societal Happiness and Sustained Harmony’ held at School of Management Sciences, Varanasi, 23-24 February 2019.
- Presented a Paper titled ‘The American Yogi’ at the International Conference on Religion, Literature & Culture, organized by Higher Education & Research Society, on 15th & 16th September, 2017 at Pune.
- Presented a Paper titled “Learning to Speak” at the International Multidisciplinary Conference on Education for Future: Issues & Challenges, Organized by Dept. of Education, Osmania University, Hyderabad, 18-19 July, 2017.
- Presented A Paper titled ‘Life after Life’ at the International Conference On Role of Arts, Culture, Humanities, Religion, Education, Ethics, Philosophy, Spirituality and Science for Holistic Societal Development Organized by “KrishiSanskriti Publications”19th March, 2017 Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Education, Ethics, Philosophy, Spirituality and Science for Holistic Societal Development Organized by “KrishiSanskriti Publications”19th March, 2017 Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Presented a paper titled ‘No Rags… Only Riches’ at the International Conference on “Cultures of New India”, held at Shri Ramswaroop Memorial University, Lucknow, on 17-18 February, 2017.
- Presented a Paper titled ‘Living & Learning English- Challenges before the Undergraduate Engineering Students in India’ at the International Conference for Teaching, Education & Learning (ICTEL), in Dubai, February 2016. Paper Published in People: International Journal of Social Sciences ISSN: 2454-5899.
- Attended One day National Seminar on “Power Dressing: An effective way to Success and its significant effect on self-esteem and confidence” at Amity University, Lucknow, March 24, 2017.
Faculty Development Programs Attended:
- Participated in Eight Day faculty day programme (Level2) on Universal Human Values & Professional Ethics at BBDNIIT, Lucknow from 6th Jan. To 13th Jan. 2019
- Participated in a 7 day workshop on Universal Human Values & Professional Ethics (Level 1) at IIT Kanpur from 2nd to 8th May, 2018.
- Attended one day FDP on “From Teaching to Learning-A New Paradigm For Education”, at Amity University, Lucknow, December 15-16, 2016.
- Attended one day FDP on “Effective Strategies for Improving Teaching Skills & Learning”, at Babu Banarasi Das Group of Educational Institutions, January 5, 2013.