B. Tech. in Information Technology
The B. Tech. degree course in Information Technology at the Alliance College of Engineering and Design focuses on developing its graduates into professionals and domain specialists in the area of information technology management, which it achieves by blending the application functionalities of software project management with software systems audit as applied to diverse programming paradigms. Apart from common core subjects, graduates also study elective subjects that deepen their expertise in the development of application software deployed across organizations to integrate and converge diverse processes: enterprise-wide applications; automation and system audit; and security management. In addition, graduates in the course are proficient in the applications of emerging technologies such as content management solutions, strategic computing, web engineering techniques, semantic web techniques as well as in other related areas such as cyber laws and ethics.
B. Tech. (Regular): Four years (Full-time)
B. Tech. (Lateral): Three years (Full-time)
- Cloud Computing and Internet Technologies
Commence of the course
January 2020 & July 2020
Mode of Study
Full Time Course
B. Tech. (Regular)
Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject
Obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.
Score in JEE (Main); JEE (Advanced); Karnataka CET; COMED-K; AUSAT (Alliance University Scholastic Aptitude Test); or any other State-level engineering entrance examination.
B. Tech. (Lateral)
Passed Diploma examination with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in ANY branch of Engineering and Technology.
Passed B. Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, with at least 45% marks (40% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics as a subject.
Provided that the students belonging to B. Sc. Stream, shall clear the subjects Engineering Graphics/Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the First Year Engineering Programme along with the Second year subjects.
Provided that the students belonging to B. Sc. Stream shall be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with students belonging to the Diploma stream.
Passed D. Voc. Stream in the same or allied sector.
In the above cases, suitable bridge Courses, if required such as in Mathematics or basic Engineering foundation courses may be suitably designed and implemented.
Course Structure - Programs Offered
- Minor Elective I (Intellectual Property Rights)
- Minor Elective II (Entrepreneurship Management)
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Cloud Computing
- Augmented and VirtualReality
- Compiler Design
- SDN and NFV
- LAMP Technologies
- Cloud Deployment Model
- System software
- Fault Tolerant Computing
- Cyber Security
- Internet of Things
- Block chain
- Artificial Intelligence
- Agile software Development
- Advanced Database
- Open Elective I (Computer Networking and IP addressing)
- Open Elective I (Internet of Things (IoT)
- Open Elective II (Cloud Computing)
- Open Elective II (Fundamentals of Data Modelling)
- Open Elective III (Machine Learning)
- Open Elective IV (Real time systems)
- Open Elective IV (Cyber Security)
- Open Elective V (Big data analytics and R Programming)
- Career Development Program I (Communication and Soft Skills)
- Career Development Program II (Aptitude and Quantitative Skills)
- Career Development Program III (Critical Reasoning and Logical Skills)
- Career Development Program IV (Problem Solving Skills)
- Career Development Program V (Technical Capstone)
Note: An elective subject is offered in the B. Tech. in Information Technology course only if a minimum number of students enroll in it.