Bachelor of Commerce - B. Com.
The B. Com. course aims at building competence in particular areas of business studies while providing the students with a wide range of managerial skills. The program imparts strong subject-matter expertise by focusing on the learning that includes the knowledge of basic theories, principles, methods and procedures of commerce and accounting.
The curriculum of the B. Com. degree course is rigorous and progressive, and prepares its graduates for careers in commerce and accountancy as well as for other professional roles such as economic, business and security analysts.
A bachelor's degree in commerce is a fundamental graduating qualification, and opens up opportunities in higher education for graduates to pursue Master's-level courses such as M. Com. and MBA.
Three years (Full-time)
The uniqueness of the specially crafted curriculum for our commerce graduates is a robust combination of theory and practice focused on economic and technological advance of the current epoch. Enhanced experience of learning through industry academia interface and world-class faculty empowers our graduates with a distinct advantage.
Commence of the course
Mode of Study
Full Time Course
Pre-University/Higher Secondary/10+2 Examinations or equivalent from any recognized Board or Council in any discipline.
Obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in the subjects taken in standard 12 or equivalent.
State-of-the-art ambience created by the appropriate use of technology.
Scholarships available to meritorious students.
Excellent industry specific curriculum.
A strong base of highly accomplished faculty.
Interaction with industry leaders, practitioners and professionals.
Regular industrial visits and lectures by industry experts.
Opportunities to pursue professional programs like CA-CPT, ACCA, CMA (US).
Programme Educational Outcomes (PEO)
- To make incremental contributions in the arena of future post-graduate studies or to an organization’s goal of applying Best Management Practices
- To provide Ethical and Value based leadership at every level that can solve critical business issues
- To get initiated into the learning of analytical skills and developing the penchant for innovation in a business context
- To display the ability to evolve consistently by assimilating the learnings from both academic and work environments that feature diversity of culture and challenges
Programme Outcomes (PO)
- Imparting the knowledge of management theories and practices to solve business problems and application of the same to real-life scenarios
- Fostering analytical and critical thinking abilities for data-based decision making
- Understanding and fostering the ability to develop Value based Leadership ability
- Nurturing the ability to understand, analyze and communicate the global, economic, legal, and ethical aspects of business
- Developing the ability to work in a team environment and appreciate the concepts of leadership and organizational goals
- Developing the ability to identify business opportunities and learn the tools to carry out research in a business context
- Staying updated with the contemporary developments in emerging and disruptive technologies and its application to the business domain
- Inculcating the culture of connecting to the disadvantaged sections of the community through our outreach initiatives that aim to achieve socio-business transformation
- Classroom attendance is a compulsory component of the course, and students are expected to attend all scheduled classes.
- Students are required to maintain a minimum of 75 percent attendance in every single subject of a particular semester, failing which students will not be permitted to appear for the Semester End Examination.
Industry Internship Programs
Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Commerce course will intern at reputed companies and across key industry sectors to gain direct experience through a field-based assignment. The Industry Internship Program offers academic and professional value addition to a student's learning experience.