Program Director - UG
Alliance School of Business
Dr. Nusrathunnisa is a Doctorate in Management (Corporate Finance) from Visvesvaraya Technological University, M.Com from Bangalore University, M.B.A. (Finance) and Master of Philosophy (Commerce) from Madurai Kamaraj University.
She has over fourteen years of teaching experience at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels. She has also been engaged in active research and publications in the field of Management Education. She has participated in various conferences both international and national and published articles in journals of repute including World Journal of Social Sciences, Asian Journal of Finance and Accounting, SDM Journal and many more. She has also attended various workshops, FDPs and seminars. Her area of teaching and research interest includes Accounting, Finance and Banking.
- Alliance Research Excellence Award, Alliance University - School of Business, 2012-13
- Presented paper on “Viability Gap Funding” in International Conference on Emerging Trends and Practices in Management, Dhanraj Baid Jain College, Chennai, August 2011.
- Presented paper at International Conference on “Frontier Global Issues and Challenges in the New Millennium on Emerging Economy, Accounting, Finance, Information & Communication Technology, Business & Management” , Research Development Association, Jaipur, January 2012
- Presented International Conference on “Emerging Trends in Finance & Accounting”, SDMIMD, Mysore, August 2012.
- Presented paper at 6th International Conference on “Global Business – Opportunities & Challenges”, PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore, November 2012.
- Presented paper at 7th International Conference on “Emerging Trends in Finance, Accounting and Banking, SDMIMD, Mysore, September 2018.
- Presented paper at International Conference on Economics & Finance - II, on Dividend Determinants: An investigation in the Indian Banking Sector, NMIMS, Bangalore, December 2019
- “Does Lintner Model of Dividend Payout hold good? An Empirical Evidence from BSE SENSEX firms” SDMIMD Journal of Management, Vol.3, No.2, Sept.2012, Pp.63-76, DOI: 10.18311/sdmimd/2012/2743 http://informaticsjournals.com/index.php/sdmimd/article/view/2743
- “What Drives Shareholders’ Return? Evidence from Indian Steel Sector”, World Journal of Social Sciences , Vol.2, No.7, Nov.2012, Pp. 9-23 http://www.wjsspapers.com/static/documents/November/2012/2.%20Perikala.pdf
- “Impact of Dividends on Share Price Performance of Companies in Indian Context” , SDMIMD Journal of Management, Vol.4, March 2013, Pp. 4-9, DOI: 10.18311/sdmimd/2013/2681 http://informaticsjournals.com/index.php/sdmimd/article/view/2681
- “Market Reaction to Bonus Announcement in Post Global Financial Crisis Era: Evidence from India”, Asian Journal of Finance & Accounting, Vol. 5, No. 2, December 2013 Pp.257-267, doi:10.5296/ajfa.v5i2.4328 http://www.macrothink.org/journal/index.php/ajfa/issue/view/200
- “Is EVA a Superior Measure of Shareholder Value? Evidence from CNX Nifty Constituent Firms”, Asian Journal of Finance & Accounting, Vol. 6, No. 1, June 2014, Pp.388-401, doi:10.5296/ajfa.v6i1.5327 http://www.macrothink.org/journal/index.php/ajfa/issue/view/249
- “Does the Dividend Policy Affect Shareholders’ Wealth of Bank Nifty Index Constituent Banks?”, AEIJMR – Vol 3 – Issue 6 – June 2015, Pp.1-10 http://aeijmr.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Does-the-Dividend-Policy-Affect-Shareholders-Wealth-of-Bank-Nifty-Index-Constituent-Banks.pdf
- “Analyzing The Short Run Operating Performance of Acquisitions: Indian Perspective”, IJRCM, Vol.5 – Issue 08- August 2015, Pp.18-22 https://ijrcm.org.in/download.php?name=ijrcm-2-IJRCM-2_vol-5_2015_issue-08-art-06.pdf&path=uploaddata/ijrcm-2-IJRCM-2_vol-5_2015_issue-08-art-06.pdf
- “Dividend Payout Policy: A Study on Indian Banking Industry”, IOSR Journal of Business and Management, Vol. 19, Issue 9. Ver. 4. September. 2017, Pp. 43-65, DOI: 10.9790/487X-1909044365 http://www.iosrjournals.org/iosr-jbm/papers/Vol19-issue9/Version-4/H1909044365.pdf
- “Does Lintner Model Explain Dividend Payments of the Indian Banking Sector”, Indian Journal of Finance, Scopus Indexed, Vol. 13, Issue 3, Pp.7-25, March 2019, DOI: 10.17010/ijf/2019/v13i3/142265 http://www.indianjournaloffinance.co.in/index.php/IJF/article/view/14226
Professional growth activities:
- Participated in Inter-Collegiate Workshop on “Global Challenges & Leadership for Tomorrow”, Lorven College of Management & Science, Bangalore, August 2009.
- Participated in Symposium on “Higher Education & Employability”, Lorven College of Management & Science, Bangalore, April 2010.
- Participated in Workshop on “Security Analysis and Portfolio Management”, M.S.Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore, October 2010.
- Participated in Management Development Programme on “Rethinking Risk Management in Financial Services”, RVIM, Bangalore, November 2010.
- Participated in IACBE 2011 Asia Regional Conference on “Management Education in Emerging Economies”, Alliance University, July 2011.
- Participated in Finance Summit on “Current Market Scenario”, Alliance University, Bangalore, November 2011.
- Attended “India Finance Conference 2011” Indian Institute Management, Bangalore, December 2011.
- Attended Faculty Development Programme on "Energy" - The Key to Transform Teaching Dynamics, Jyoti Nivas College, Bangalore, 2014.
- Attended Faculty Development Programme on “Introduction to Mediation and Moderation Analysis Using SPSS and AMOS”, RVIM, Bangalore, 2014.
- Participated in Two day workshop on “Applied Econometrics for Business and Finance”, XIME, Bangalore, January 2016.
- Participated in National level Faculty Development Programme on “Data Analysis through SPSS”, School of Commerce Studies, Jain University, Bangalore, November 2016.
- Participated in Faculty Development Programme on “Research Methodology and SPSS”, PES Institute of Technology, South Campus, Bangalore, March 2017.
- Participated in Two day workshop on “Time Series and Panel Data Econometrics” XIME, Bangalore, July 2017.
- Participated in Seven days National Level “Experiential Workshop on Research Methodology”, St. Joseph’s College of Commerce, Bangalore, December 2018.