Alliance School of Liberal Arts
Prof. Keerthiraj is a faculty of Political Science and International Politics at Alliance School of Liberal Arts, Alliance University, Bengaluru. He earned his bachelor’s degree in History, Economics and Political Science from SHC Madanthyar, Mangalore University. He holds master’s degree in Political Science from the Department of Political Science, Mangalore University with a Rank & Distinction. He is currently pursuing Doctoral Research on ‘Media, Colonial Consciousness & Public Perceptions’ at the Department of Political Science, Kuvempu University. He also cleared National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC-CBSE.
Karnataka Political Science Association® recognized Prof. Keerthiraj with ‘Young Academic Excellence Award in Political Science - 2020’. He holds membership in professional bodies like Association for Political Theory (USA), Social Science and Humanities Research Association (Eurasia Research) and he is also a life member and private universities coordinator for Karnataka Political Science Association (KAPSA). He is on the editorial board and serves as a peer reviewer to some international journals.
His research and teaching interests generally fall into the sub-fields of Political Science with a focus on Political Ideology, Foreign Policy, Diplomacy, Security Studies, Comparative Studies on Regional Organizations, Political Culture, Theories of International Politics, Oriental Studies, Colonial Consciousness, Identity Politics and Media discourse. Prof. Keerthiraj is the author of the book, ‘Isms in Politics: Political Ideologies Ruling the World’ (2019) and co-editor of the book, ‘Lex Et Mutatio: Law and Social Transformation’. Prof. Keerthiraj has been published widely in both academic and popular outlets, focusing on the Political Ideologies and International Politics. He has published more than 150 articles on Global Power Politics in various Kannada and English Newspapers. On a special note, US based author Dr. Bobbie Anne White in her book “Q” Anon: The Reluctant Warrior (2018) cited Keerthiraj’s article ‘Reluctant Idealism and Relevant Mahabharata’ with great importance and article extensively while building arguments.
- (2019). Perceptions on Political and Socio-Legal Issues in India: The Media under Colonial Consciousness. In C. Upankar, A Way Forward to Socio-legal Contemplation (pp. 111-120). Patiala: Gracious Books. (ISBN 978-93-87276-64-2)
- (2018, August). Contextualizing Ambedkar in 21st Century. Third Concept: An International Journal of Ideas, 32(378), 28-31. (ISSN 0970-7247)
- (2018). Anatomy of Social and Political Construction of Indian youth: Role of Social Media. In M. Gupta, Impact of Social Media on Youth (pp. 80- 85). Mumbai: Eurekha. (ISBN 978-81-937496-1-6)
- (2018). Role of Media in Constructing Feminist Discourse. In B. Salma, C. Dhanalakshmi (Ed.), Higher Education in Digital Era: A Multidisciplinary Approach. Bengaluru: GFGC Anekal. (ISBN 978-93- 5300-929-8)
- (2018). Challenges to Grass Root Democracy in the Light of Panchayat Raj Institutions. In S. C. L, & D. Mane (Ed.), Empowering Rural India through Decentralization (pp. 267-273). Mysore: Mysore University. (ISBN 978-93- 87584-30-3)
- (2017). East-West Dichotomy over Human Rights: A Marxian Perspective. In P. Nayak, P. Pai, & H. R. Sujatha (Ed.), Human Rights - Issues and Concerns (pp. 25 - 31). Bantwal: SVS College. (ISBN 978-81-929835-7-8)
- (2016, August). Clash of Civilizations Thesis: Some Reflections. Third Concept: An International Journal of Ideas, 30(354), 10-14. (ISSN 0970-7247)
- (2020, May 22). COVID-19 and Chinese Song Diplomacy. Central Chronicle, p.8
- (2020, March 30). RIC: An Impressive but Fragile Strategic Alliance. Central Chronicle, p.8
- (2019, September 15). Journey of Mugabe: From a freedom fighter to a fighter against freedom! Central Chronicle, p.8.
- (2019, July 25). Jadhav Case: Can a Judgement make both parties happy? Central Chronicle, p.8.
- (2019, April 3). What a Terrorist Deserves…?. Central Chronicle, p.8
- (2019, March 30). Why Chinese Dragon Matters? Central Chronicle, p.8
- (2019, February 4). Sri Lankan Chaos: Geo-Political Realities. Central Chronicle, p.8.
- (2018, December 22). Sino-Russian Grand Alliance and a Common Enemy. Central Chronicle, p.8.
- (2018, September 5). Who will be the Game Spoiler for Khan Government? Central Chronicle, p.8.
- (2018, August 1). North Korea as a Chinese Buffer State. Central Chronicle, p.8.
- (2018, June 23). Recent Trends in Indo-Russia Ties. Central Chronicle, p.8.
- (2018, June 13). Realpolitik in Understanding International Politics. Central Chronicle, p.8.
- (2018, February 12). Indo-China ‘Tug of War’ in Maldives Crisis. Central Chronicle, p.8.
- (2017, March 5). Challenge of Hybrid Warfare in Asia. Central Chronicle, p.8
- (2016, February 13). Bannon, Battlefield and Bhagavad Gita. Central Chronicle, p.8.
- (2016, January 18). Indo-US Partnership: A Panacea to Chinese Aggression? Central Chronicle, p.8.
- (2016, September 3). Nepal regime change: new hope in indo-Nepal ties. Central Chronicle, p.8.
- (2016, May 5) Clear threat of nuclear terrorism. Central Chronicle, p.8.
- (2016, April 10) Reluctant idealism and relevant Mahabharata. Central Chronicle, p.8.
- (2016, March 31) Terror attack and lack of coordination in counter terrorism. Central Chronicle, p.8.
- (2016, March 23) Bhagath Singh: a forgotten political thinker. Central Chronicle, p.8.
- (2016, March 13) North Korean nuclear program: a memoir. Central Chronicle, p.4.
- (2016, March 2) Power politics behind indo-china maritime conflict. Central Chronicle, p.8.
- (2016, February 24) JNU row and the surrounding farce. Central Chronicle, p.8.
- (2016, February 17) A specter haunting Siachen. Central Chronicle, p.8.
- (2016, January 21) Humanity versus the ‘politics of greatness’. Central Chronicle, p.8.
- Keerthiraj (2019). Isms in Politics: Political Ideologies Ruling the World. Chhattisgarh: Evincepub Publishing. (978-9389482874)
- Keerthiraj et al. (Eds.). (2021). Lex Et Mutatio: Law and Social Transformation. Infinity Publishing, New Delhi (ISBN 978-93-86037-87-9)