Dr. Ajeet Sharma
Alliance School of Business
Dr. Ajeet Sharma holds a Ph.D. in Management from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi and a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management from the Centre for Management Development, Modinagar, Ghaziabad. He has eleven years of academic and twelve years of industry experience in various domains of Marketing.
Before joining Alliance University, Bangalore, he was with Amity University, Noida for seven years as a faculty member in the Marketing Department of Amity International Business School. Prior to that, he worked in the same capacity with IILM Graduate School of Management, Greater Noida for four years. He has taught courses such as Integrated Marketing Communication / Advertising and Sales Promotion, Marketing Management, Strategic Brand Management / Product and Brand Management, Consumer Behavior, and Sales and Distribution Management.
Before entering academia, Dr. Sharma worked as a marketing professional at middle and senior levels with organizations such as the Jaypee Group, Ebix, and Binary Semantics. He was instrumental in opening new markets in India, the UK, and the USA for technology products and solutions offered by these organizations.
His area of research and interest is advertising and he has carried out studies on advertising appeals, advertising with social dimension, portrayal of women in Indian advertising, consumer decision-making styles and attitude towards the advertisement, consumer personality and attitude towards the advertisement, psychographics and attitude towards the advertisement.
In 2009, he launched a monthly lifestyle magazine, NOIDAN WAY, for Noida. He was also the publisher and editor of this magazine, which was printed by Delhi Press (publisher of magazines such as Woman’s Era and The Caravan). The publication was registered with the Registrar of Newspapers for India (RNI).
Dr. Ajeet Sharma has authored a business book titled, Three Marketeers, which has been published by the top international publisher, HarperCollins, and its imprint Black Ink in April 2017. The book, written in a story format, is a strong reflection of his experiences and observations across different phases in his corporate career.
- Sharma, Ajeet (2017). The Promotional Strategy of Volkswagen India. The Case Centre (Formerly, European Case Clearing House). Case Reference No. 517-0183-1
- Sharma, Ajeet (2009). Zena: A Brand in Crisis. Cases in Management, 53-58, Wisdom Publications, ISBN:978-81-89547-62-2
- Handa, Meenakshi, Pandit, Ajay, and Sharma, Ajeet (2016). Effect of Consumer Decision-making Styles on Attitude towards the Ad. Drishtikon: A Management Journal, 8, 1 (Sep ’16-Mar ’17), 66-86
- Sharma, Ajeet (2016). The Big Five Personality Factors and Attitude toward the Ad of Consumers in India. Journal of Marketing and Communication, 12 (1), (Jan-Apr), 26-44
- Handa, Meenakshi and Sharma, Ajeet (2015). Psychographics and Responses to Television Commercials. Bharati Vidyapeeth's Journal of Management Research, 7, 1 (April), 1-16
- Handa, Meenakshi and Sharma, Ajeet (2015). Attitude towards the Brand: Does Advertising Exposure Matter? Journal of Management Research, 15, 3 (Jul-Sep), 139-155
- Sharma, Ajeet (2017). Three Marketeers. Noida, India: Harper Collins/ Black Ink, ISBN: 978-8192982236
- Handa, Meenakshi & Sharma, Ajeet (2015). A Study of Advertising Appeals with Social Dimension. Paper presented at the National Marketing Conference, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi, on March 20, 2015.
- Sharma, Ajeet (2009). Zena: A Brand in Crisis. Case presented at Vishleshan: A Case Study Symposium, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi, on Sep 4, 2009.