Dr. Aisha Ahmed Sharfi
Alliance School of Law
Dr. Aisha Sharfi is a PhD from the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS), Kolkata. An alumni from the prestigious WBNUJS, Dr. Aisha worked on legal regulations surrounding financing of aircrafts under Cape Town Convention for her PhD thesis. One of her primary interest areas is air and space law, exploring regulations concerning satellite telecommunication services as part of her LL.M thesis. Prior to moving to Bengaluru in 2016 and joining Alliance University, Dr. Aisha served for three years at the Ford Foundation Centre for Human Rights and Citizenship Studies at WBNUJS, exploring the intricacies of various aspects of protections of human rights through law. Dr. Aisha has was been involved with the National Disaster Management Authority, preparing a compendium of laws on disaster management. Her areas of interest include corporate law including corporate social responsibility and corporate governance, law and technology and air and space law.
- Contributed a chapter on “Sexual Harassment at workplace: Redefining Implementation” in Edited Book titled & Gendering Public Policy in a Global Context’, published by Central Law Publications, Allahabad (in publication)
- Remedies under Cape Town Convention- Easing Aircraft Financing, VIT Law Review, Volume 1, Issue 1.
- Debtor insolvency on Cape Town Convention and Aircraft Protocol: Settling Old Issues; Indian Journal of Air and Space Law, NALSAR, (Volume VI and VII)
- “Concept of Natural Resources as Understood in Legal Regime: Expanding Dimensions” Justice Altamas Kabir and Aisha Ahmed Sharfi, Natural Resources Law- Concepts and Approaches by P. Iswar Bhat, Eastern Law House, ISBN: 978-93-5145-388-8.
Workshops/ Programs Attended:
- Attended a workshop on “Introduction to Corporate Governance” for Teaching Professionals at WBNUJS. (2014)
- Attended Oxford University, Herbert Smith, NUJS International Lecture Series. (2011)
- Participant and Volunteer at Regional Conference on International Humanitarian Law organized by ICRC and W.B.N.U.J.S. (2011)
- Attended the program on Trafficking, Forced Prostitution and Effective Public Justice Systems, held at the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata on Tuesday, 20 July 2010.
Papers Presented At Seminars/ Conferences
- “Regulating the Media in India: An Urgent Policy Priority”, paper selected for presentation at the National Seminar on Media and Law;, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, New Law College Pune, 28 March, 2015.
- “The Universal Declaration of Human Rights as a norm for societies in transition”, Paper presented at the ICSSR assisted 2 Day National Conference on Sociology In India, Department of Sociology, University of Mumbai,
- One Day Training Programme on Human Rights, held on 17th of January, 2015, organized by National Human Rights Commission (Topic of discussion- Convention on Rights of the Child and Optional Protocol)
- Conducted a workshop on “Introduction to Outer Space Law with Special Reference to India” at Durgapur Institute of Legal Studies. (2012)
- Conducted a workshop on “Introduction to Aviation Law: Current Issues” at Durgapur Institute of Legal Studies.