International Journal of Law and Social Sciences (IJLS)
About the Journal
International Journal of Law and Social Sciences (IJLS) is a peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary journal, published by School of Law, Alliance University, Bengaluru. IJLS aims to be a platform that encourages students, academicians, jurists, practitioners and research scholars to come together for the cause of legal education and research and contribute scholarly pieces with a specific focus on issues that fall in the domain of law and allied social sciences. School of Law, Alliance University proposes to set the tone of the 'transition' i.e. towards a Global Research University through International Journal of Law and Social Sciences (IJLS). This research journal is envisaged to open up the avenues for researchers to share their comprehensive and interdisciplinary research writings.
Call for Papers
The Journal Committee of School of Law, Alliance University hereby invites original and unpublished submissions in the form of articles/research papers, case studies, and book reviews on any contemporary debates in law and allied social sciences for publication in International Journal of Law and Social Sciences (IJLS) bearing ISSN Number 2454-8553. The journal is a peer-reviewed publication from School of Law, Alliance University. The journal would accept submissions on law and related social sciences under 'open theme category'. Preference would be given to quality and content-based inter-disciplinary research outcomes in niche areas where law and allied social sciences interface.
The IJLS is now accepting submissions for its next edition. Last date for submission: April 30, 2022. The Journal Committee will also accept submissions on a rolling basis which may be considered for subsequent editions of the Journal.
|All paper submissions should strictly follow the guidelines|
|The long article should be of 5000 to 8000 words and short articles 3000 to 5000 words and book reviews should not exceed 2500 words. The Editorial Board reserves the right to make changes to this conditions and guidelines mentioned herein.|
|The maximum co-authorship for a paper is limited to two.|
|All the papers should be submitted with a cover page with following information: Name, Institutional Affiliation, Correspondence Address, E-Mail ID and Phone Number.|
|Papers should be submitted along with a duly signed declaration in the prescribed format (Click Here).|
|All contributions should be submitted to the Email of IJLS - email@example.com|
|School of Law, Alliance University shall be the sole copyright owner of all the published materials.|
|Abstract – The manuscript should be accompanied by an abstract in about 250 words.|
|Every submission should be adhered to the following style and citation format.|
|Main Text: Times New Roman, font size 12, 1.5 spacing, justified, with a margin left 1.5 inch and right 1.0-inch, top 1inch and bottom 1 inch. The first line of the paragraph is not to be indented.|
|Titles Format - Paper title in Times New Roman, font size 12, bold, capital letters, 1.5 line spacing. Headings and subheadings in same specifications with font size 11 and 10 respectively.|
|Citation - Submissions are required to strictly adhere to The Bluebook: A Uniform Method of Citation, 20th Edition|
|All manuscripts shall include an 'Introduction' and 'Conclusion'.|
|Use of first person shall be avoided.|
|All pages shall be numbered.|
|All tables, charts, graphs, figures etc. should be kept to the minimum. They should be on separate sheets with sources indicated at the bottom.|
WHO CAN SUMBIT?
Submissions accepted from:
- Research Scholars.
- Students pursuing Law in allied disciplines.
PEER REVIEW PROCESS
All submissions would undergo a rigorous research-based scrutiny by academicians or specialists in the related areas and under the supervision of Editor-in-Chief / Editors. It would be a blind, double peer review, based on well-chart out criteria approved by the Editorial Board of the proposed research journal.
- Alliance University levies no charges for the publication of manuscripts if selected for publication by the editorial board after the peer review.
- All authors much declare that they have read and agreed to full contents of the publication and ethical guidelines and take the responsibility of any research misconduct or inappropriate statement of comment in the contents of the submission
- All the submissions should be original, neither previously published nor in consideration for any other publication
- The Editorial Board will follow the peer review policy for sorting, judging and selecting the submissions for publication
- The Editorial Board reserves the right to reject any article found unsuitable for publication. An article may also be rejected if the Board deems that it might harm the political or religious sensitivity of interested readers in any manner
- The Editorial Board reserves the right to disqualify entries on account of plagiarism. The submissions should not infringe the copyright or any other right of a third party, if so, the journal disclaims any responsibility for copyright violation or any other liability whatsoever
- By submitting their work, the authors grant to IJLS an exclusive right to publish and reproduce their work in all media. Such right is to be given with the view of observing the doctrine of fair use under intellectual property rights subject to attribution of the author
- Authors shall be responsible for reporting standards, originality of contents and plagiarism, acknowledgment of sources and notification of fundamental errors in published works
- The Editorial Board will consider the authorship and designation mentioned in the cover letter during submission as final and correct, unless otherwise intimated by the author/s. It shall be the responsibility of the Author to intimate the Editorial Board regarding any change in designation during the period in which the paper is being processed. No changes will be entertained after publication