About Alliance University
Alliance University is a Private University established in Karnataka State by Act No.34 of year 2010 and is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi.
Alliance University is one of the best private universities in Bengaluru, that promotes the development of academics along with extra-curricular activities.
The University has always encouraged its young and budding students to realise their potential in the field of sports and other co-curricular activities and constantly engage in the creative pursuit of developing sportsmanship and cooperative spirit among the Alliance Community.
Association of Indian Universities came into being for the purpose of bringing all the universities under one common platform, to protect the interest of the students as well as the universities. The objective of AIU is to promote university activities, especially by way of sharing information and increasing co-operation in the field of education, culture, sports, and allied areas.
Since its inception AIU is actively engaged in the growth and development of Higher Education. The membership of AIU includes all types of universities e.g., Conventional Universities, Open Universities, Deemed to be Universities, State Universities, Central Universities, Private Universities and Institutes of National Importance.
AIU & Sports
The Association of Indian Universities (AIU), partially funded by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, functions to promote competitive sports in university sector which is full of sporting potential for excellence. It organizes National University Games and Special Coaching/advance Training camps for highly talented and selected athletes in collaboration with member universities, for participation of Indian Universities teams/contingent in National and International Sports Championships.
The South Zone Inter University Kho-Kho (Women) Tournament is being organised at the University from 23rd to 26th of January 2023. This mega event shall play host to more than thousand participants from 74 Universities. It is being held by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) at the Alliance University.
The AIU South Zone Inter-University Women’s Kho-Kho Championship is being organized by Alliance University from 23rd to 26th January 2023.
The tournament shall host 74 Universities as part of this competition. Fixtures can be accessed on the website. The match officials for this tournament will be from the Karnataka State Kho-Kho Association.
- The Inauguration ceremony of the South Zone Inter University Kho-Kho (Women) Tournament will be held on 23rd January 2023 at Alliance University Central Campus.
- All the participating universities are requested to instruct their teams to be present for the Inauguration along with the Manager and Coach with their University flag.
- The Tournament will be conducted as per the latest rules and regulations prescribed by the Kho-Kho Federation of India and modified AIU Rules.
- The Managers of the teams should pay Rs. 1,500/- per match as officiating charges to the organizing secretary before the commencement of each match as per the rules of AIU.
- All Team Managers should produce the receipt of the Registration fee of Rs. 3,000/- and the Annual Subscription fee paid to AIU.
- The team Managers’ meeting will be held on 22nd January 2023 at 5 pm at the Seminar Hall-1, Learning Center, Alliance University
- All the managers are requested to attend the meeting along with 4 sets of eligibility proforma along with the following certificates duly attested by the competent authorities without fail.
- 10th Class (SSLC)
- 12th Class (Intermediate/Plus Two)
- Provisional certificate of the degree (in case of PG students)
- Student Bonafide Certificate
- Aadhar Card
Note: Students without the above documents will not be allowed to take part in the Inter-University Tournament.
- All players should produce their ID cards as and when required by the Organizers.
- The matches shall commence from 7.30 am on all the days of the Tournament (kindly refer to fixtures and match schedule).
- The teams should report for the matches in the uniforms as prescribed by AIU.
- The matches will be played on a Knock-out cum league basis on mud surfaces.
- First aid shall be provided at the venue.
- All the teams should report at least 30 minutes before the commencement of their Match, failing which their opponent team shall be awarded a walkover as per the rules.
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to make any changes (Postpone / Prepone / Curtail) in the Tournament as and when required in consultation with the Technical Committee. However prior intimation will be given to the managers in this regard.
- The decision of the officials shall be final and binding. Appeals, if any, shall be decided by the jury of appeals. Teams can protest technical matters within 30 minutes of completion of the game along with a non-refundable protest fee of Rs. 2,000/-
- Participating Universities are requested to inform their travel schedule to the Organizing Secretary in advance to arrange accommodation for teams.
- Pick & Drop facility will be provided by the Host University between Central Campus, Chandapura Circle and Anekal Railway Station / Bus Station between 9.00 am to 2.00 pm & 5.00 pm to 10.00 pm. Teams arriving at timings other than the above shall make their transport arrangements.
- The teams shall be provided unfurnished accommodation (on a nominal payment basis) earliest 24 hours before the commencement of the matches. Teams must vacate the accommodation soon after their last match (teams arriving early & departing late shall make their arrangements for overstay).
- Each team will have to pay a caution deposit of Rs. 2,000/- (in cash only) which shall be refunded at the time of departure of the team, after adjusting the cost of damages, if any.
- Canteens and stalls are available inside the campus. Both Veg & Non-Veg food is available on a payable basis.
- Smoking and the use of alcohol and/or drugs within the campus are strictly prohibited.
- In case of indiscipline, teams shall be expelled from the tournament and the concerned team managers will be responsible. All fees paid by the defaulting team will be forfeited.
- Dr. Varender Singh Patial
Director - Physical Education & Sports, Alliance University
Organising Secretary - AIU South Zone Inter University Kho-Kho (Women) Tournament
- Mr. Harish Ponnappa
- Mr. Chitradeep Chakraborty
- Mr. Prince
- Mr. Rakshith Kumar C