Not only did I get a wonderful experience of learning through academic exposure and ...
B. Tech. in Civil Engineering
The field of Civil Engineering, which is based on the principles of science, mathematics and computational tools, enhances the quality of life of society at large by furthering advancements in civil engineering infrastructure. The B. Tech. degree course in Civil Engineering at the Alliance College of Engineering and Design, imparts strong theoretical foundations to graduate students and combines practical learning in various areas such as surveying, construction engineering, geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, environmental engineering, transportation engineering and town planning. The course is interdisciplinary and covers a wide spectrum of electives that are aimed at an in-depth understanding among graduates of atmospheric science, computational fluid mechanics, soil mechanics, geographical information systems and remote sensing.
B. Tech. (Regular): Four years (Full-time)
B. Tech. (Lateral): Three years (Full-time)
Commence of the course
January 2020 & July 2020
Mode of Study
Full Time Course
B. Tech. (Regular)
Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject
Obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.
Score in JEE (Main); JEE (Advanced); Karnataka CET; COMED-K; AUSAT (Alliance University Scholastic Aptitude Test); or any other State-level engineering entrance examination.
B. Tech. (Lateral)
Passed Diploma examination with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in ANY branch of Engineering and Technology.
Passed B. Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics as a subject.
Provided that the students belonging to B. Sc. Stream, shall clear the subjects Engineering Graphics/Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the First Year Engineering Programme along with the Second year subjects.
Provided that the students belonging to B. Sc. Stream shall be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with students belonging to the Diploma stream.
Passed D. Voc. Stream in the same or allied sector.
In the above cases, suitable bridge Courses, if required such as in Mathematics or basic Engineering foundation courses may be suitably designed and implemented.
- Minor Elective I (Intellectual Property Rights)
- Minor Elective II (Entrepreneurship Management)
- Environmental Engineering - I \ Ecological Engineering
- Design of RCC Str.- II \ Finite Element Analysis
- Transportation Engg - II \ Infrastructure Planning & Design
- Geotechnical Engg - II \ Foundation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering - II \ Transport of water and waste water
- Design of Steel Str.- I \ Industrial Structures
- Hydraulic Structures \ Water Resources Field Methods
- Design of PSC Structures \ Engineering Risk & Uncertainity
- Open Elective I (Remote Sensing & GIS)
- Open Elective II (Building Planning Designing & Drawing)
- Open Elective III (Building Interiors & Land scaping)
- Open Elective IV (Project Planning & Management)
- Open Elective V (Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures)
- Career Development Program I (Communication and Soft Skills)
- Career Development Program II (Aptitude and Quantitative Skills)
- Career Development Program III (Critical Reasoning and Logical Skills)
- Career Development Program IV (Problem Solving Skills)
- Career Development Program V (Technical Capstone)
Note: An elective subject is offered in the B. Tech. in Civil Engineering course only if a minimum number of students enroll in it.