Prof. Swetha Shekarappa G.
Alliance College of Engineering and Design
Prof. Swetha Shekarappa G. is an Assistant Professor with Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department at Alliance University, Bangalore, India. She holds a Master’s Degree in Power Electronics from Visvesvaraya Technological University Belagavi, India. She is also pursuing a Ph.D from Alliance University, Bangalore, India. Prof. Swetha has served as a reviewer for reputed journals and conferences including IEEE Transactions, IET-GTD, Elsevier, Springer, IGI Global USA, and several other national/international conferences of repute. She has also attended several workshops, seminars, and faculty development programmes and also guides UG students in their projects. She has also published several research articles with various journals/conferences of repute. Her areas of interest include Power System Optimization; Reactive Power Planning; Swarm and Evolutionary Optimization; and Power Electronics and Electromagnetic fields. She is a life member of reputed professional societies like ISTE, IAENG, IFERP and member of IEEE.
Research Publication in Peer Reviewed Journals:
- Swetha Shekarappa G, Sheila Mahapatra, Selvarani R, “Impact of Distributed generation on Distribution Network- A rural case study.” Published journal publication in SEYBOLD Report Journal, Volume 15, Issue 9, and September-2020. [SCOPUS INDEXED].
- Jayanth Babu C, Badi, Manjulata., Swetha Shekarappa. G. "Review of Wireless Power Transmission." International Conference on Multidisciplinary Perspectives in Engineering and Technology (ICMPET-2019), Krishna Chaitanya Institute of Technology & Science (KITS), Markapur, 24th -25th May 2019. Published in the journal “Studies in Indian Place Names”40, no. 3 (2020): 3182-3188. [UGC indexed].
Publications in Book Chapters / Conference Proceedings:
- Swetha Shekarappa G, S. Mahapatra, Saurav Raj, “Voltage Constrained Reactive Power Planning by Ameliorated HHO Technique” TEQIP-III Sponsored “Electric Power and Renewable Energy Conference -2020 (EPREC-2020)” presented paper held on 29-30 May 2020, organized by National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur (NITJ), India. Publication partner “SPRINGER lecture series”.
- Jayanth Babu C, Vaishnavi J, Kartik Prasad K B, Swetha Shekarappa G, “ Dynamic charging of Electric Vehicle” “ 1st International Conference on Renewable Energy and Green Technology, ICREGT 2020” held on 9th & 10th Oct 2020 , organized by SRM Institute of Science and Technology (SRM IST), Ghaziabad, India.
- Swetha Shekarappa G, Badi, Saurav Raj S. Mahapatra, “Role of Renewable Energy Sources and Storage Units in Smart Grids” book chapter is Accepted for edited book, "Smart grids and Microgrids - Technology Evolution Scrivener [Wiley Publications].
- M. Badi, Swetha Shekarappa G, S. Mahapatra, Saurav Raj, “Smart Grids Introduction: Architecture and Review” book chapter is Accepted for edited book, "Smart grids and Microgrids - Technology Evolution Scrivener [Wiley Publications]
- ‘Design of DC link filter and inverter output filter for induction motor drive system’, in the International Journal of Engineering and Science Invention (IJESI) Vol. 2, Issue 1, January 2013.
- ‘Implementation of a Single Phase Z-Source Buck-Boost Matrix Converter using PWM Technique’,in the International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology (IJCET), Vol.4, No.6, Nov/Dec 2014
- ‘Operating three phase induction motor using power factor correction and controlled Technique’, in the International Organization of Scientific Research (IOSR-JEEE), Vol.9, Issue 6,Nov/Dec 2014
- Prof Swetha Shekarappa G. received the Award for “Young Faculty” by EET CRS (Research wing for Excellence in professional Education & Industry) in 7th Academic Achievement Awards-19 at Mumbai, India on 8th Sept 2019.