Dr. Mahantesh N. B.
Associate Professor & HOD - Civil Engineering
Alliance College of Engineering and Design
Dr. Mahantesh N B is Associate Professor & Head of the Civil Engineering Department. He is specialized in Structural Design of RCC & Steel Structures, Masonry Structures, Alternate Concrete Technology, Cementless RCC Structures, Tall Building Design Solutions, Optimization Techniques in Structural Engineering, Proof Checking of Structural Designs, Repairs & Rehabilitations, Corrugated Sheet Metal Buildings & Storage Structures & Valuations of properties. He has a Ph.D. in Civil Structural Engineering from VTU- Belagavi.
Dr. Mahantesh has worked as Structural Design Manager for more than 10 years in reputed MNC companies and was part of design team of International Projects like Cable Stay Bridge at Triveni Sangam- Allahabad, Gautrain Subway Project at Johannesburg & many housing projects from Europe. He has played a key role as Project Manager in establishing a new corrugated sheet metal silo manufacturing unit at Bangalore with collaborations from Denmark & Spain. He has provided structural designs to many government, semi government, private companies & institutions in India. As an academician he has 25 years of experience both at graduate and post graduate level and has guided 60 post graduate structural engineering thesis works on industry related issues. He has taught B. Tech (Civil Engineering), B. Architecture, M. Tech Structural Engineering, Diploma in Civil & Architecture courses.
- “Flexural Behavior of Fly Ash- Slag Based Reinforced Geopolymer Concrete Slabs Cured at Room Temperature”, International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, RI Publications, ISSN 0973-6085, Volume 12, Number 4, June 2017, PP 845-856.
- “Strength And Deformation Behaviour of Reinforced Geopolymer Concrete Flexural Elements, International Journal of Civil Engineering And Technology, ISSN 0976-6316, Volume 8 , Issue 5 ,May 2017 ,PP 1108 – 1121
- “Influence of Ambient Curing on Reinforced Geopolymer Concrete Structural Elements”, International Journal of Engineering Trends & Technology (IJETT), Volume 28, November 4 – October 2015, ISSN 2231-5381, doi:10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V28P238
- “Study on Flexural Behaviour of Fly Ash based Reinforced Rectangular Geopolymer Concrete Slabs” , International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Volume 04, Issue 09, September–2015,ISSN2278-0181,dated23rdSept2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.17577/IJERTV4IS090653
- Comparative Study of Pentagrid & Hexagrid Structural System for Tall Building: -
Journal of Civil Engineering and Environmental Technology Print ISSN: 2349-8404; Online ISSN: 2349-879X; Volume 1, Number 2; August 2014 pp. 10-15.
‘Modernization of Laboratory’, AICTE funded laboratory upgradation under MODROB scheme, AICTE Grants of 10 Lakh Rs During 1999.
Technical Talk Presented:
Presented a technical talk on behaviour of light gage corrugated sheet metal roofing and cladding units at SERC – Structural Engineering Research Centre Chennai.
Experiences in Software field:
Developed many algorithms for RCC & Steel Structural Design Solutions for cost effective optimizations.
- Life Member – Indian Society for Technical Education
- Chartered Civil Engineer - Institution of Engineers (INDIA)
- Member – Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET)
- Worked as Member of Construction Quality Improvement Board for KLAC
Presented a paper on performance of cementless RCC structures at the 6thInternational Conference of Euro Asia Civil Engineering Forum, Seoul - South Korea, Aug 22 – 25, 2017, And a paper was published on “Ductility of Fly Ash- Slag Based Reinforced Geopolymer Concrete Elements Cured at Room Temperature”, Published by EDP Sciences, MATEC Web of Conferences 138, 01003 (2017).