Dr. Sadaf Anwar
Alliance School of Business
Dr. Sadaf Anwar has done her Ph.D. from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. Her diverse experience spans from teaching in academic institutions to working with Ministry of Finance wherein she monitored contextual issues of Financial Stability including those deliberated in international forums like IMF, World Bank, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), Asian Development Bank (ADB), Financial Stability Board (FSB), Bank for International Settlements (BIS), International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS), European Central Bank (ECB) and others.
Dr. Sadaf was also involved in COVID-19 related policy monitoring at national and international forums and RBI Board related matters. Her work is recognised in journals of national and international repute like Elsevier, Springer, Sage, Inderscience and ICWAI. She has presented papers in international and national conferences at IISE London, IIT Bombay, IIM Bangalore, to name a few.
Dr. Sadaf teaches courses in the areas of Financial Management, Management Accounting, Corporate Finance, Financial Reporting & Analysis, Financial Institutions and Corporate Valuation.
- Singh, S., Anwar, S. & Jain, P.K. (2021). Cash Dividend and Shares Repurchase Announcements: Impact on Returns, Liquidity and Risk in Indian Context. HP Hamilton Limited, London U.K (Research Monograph).
- Anwar, S., Singh, S. & Jain, P.K. (2018). Management View on Shares Repurchase: An Indian Survey. The IUP Journal of Applied Finance, 23 (1), 44-66.
- Anwar, S., Singh, S. & Jain, P.K. (2017). Impact of Cash Dividend Announcements: Evidence from the Indian Manufacturing Companies. Journal of Emerging Market Finance, 16 (1), 29-60.
- Anwar, S., Singh, S. & Jain, P.K. (2017).Risk around Shares Repurchase Announcements: Evidence from Indian Equity Market. Journal of Banking, Information Technology and Management 14 (1), 3-12.
- Anwar, S., Singh, S. & Jain, P.K. (2017). Shares Repurchases and Liquidity: An Examination of Indian Firms. Journal of Social and Management Studies, 46, 213-229.
- Anwar, S., Singh, S. & Jain, P.K. (2016). Liquidity Changes on and around Cash Dividend Announcements: Evidence from India. International Journal of Accounting and Finance, 6(4), 319-340.
- Anwar, S., Singh, S. & Jain, P.K. (2016). Signaling Power of Cash Dividend Announcements and Risk: Evidence from India. International Journal of Management Practice. 9 (3), 257-281.
- Anwar, S., Singh, S. & Jain, P.K. (2015). Cash Dividend Announcements and Stock Return Volatility: Evidence from India. Procedia Economics and Finance Journal, 30, 38-49.
- Anwar, S. and Singh, S. (2015). Cash Dividend Announcements in India: Evidence from Finance Managers. Research Bulletin, 41 (1), 67-81.
- Awarded ‘Utkrishth Alumni Award’ by LBSGOI Lucknow, 2019.
- Qualified ‘UGC- NET & JRF’, 2010.
- Awarded ‘Certificate of Excellence’ by LBSIMDS Lucknow, 2009.
- Awarded ‘Certificate of Excellence’ by G.L. Garg Charitable Trust Lucknow, 2009.
- Awarded ‘Certificate of Merit’ by KCMT Bareilly, 2005.
- Anwar, S., Singh, S. & Jain, P.K., Shares Repurchase Announcements in India Implications Based on Firm Size and Age. National Institute of Securities Market, Mumbai, January 22-24,
- Anwar, S., Singh, S. & Jain, P.K., Cash Dividend Announcements and Stock Return Volatility: Evidence from India. IISE London, August 25-28,
- Anwar, S., Singh, S. & Jain, P.K., Signaling with Cash Dividends and Share Repurchases: An Empirical Study from the Indian Stock Market. PhD Consortium at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, November 30-December 1,
- Anwar, S., Singh, S. & Jain, P.K., Financial Flexibility through Share Repurchases: A Case of Indian Companies. GLOGIFT 15: Fifteenth Global Conference on Flexible Systems Management at Symbiosis International University Pune, October 23-October 25,
- Anwar, S., Singh, S. & Jain, P.K., Impact of Cash Dividend Announcements on Stock Returns and Risk: Empirical Evidence from the Indian Stock Market.4th Indian Finance Conference at Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, December 17-19, 2014.