Dr. Punith Cariappa
Pro Vice-Chancellor (Student Administration & Affairs)
Alliance School of Business
Dr. Punith Cariappa holds a Ph.D. and an MBA in Finance and an M.Phil. in Banking. She is also certified in Oracle Financials and completed her Executive Program in Financial Analytics from IIM, Lucknow. Dr. Cariappa has held senior leadership positions with reputed institutions in the past such as; Dean, Associate Dean, and Director. She has also been a visiting professor for top B-schools in India and overseas such as IIM, Bangalore; SP Jain-Singapore, TAPMI among others.
Dr. Cariappa has received several awards, commendations, scholarships from various organizations. She is also a member of various professional national and international bodies.
Her area of interests are human resource accounting, stock movement prediction using NLP and crowd funding.
- WESLEYAN Journal of Research,ISSN 0975-1386, Impact Factor 6.7, Vol 12 (11) UGC care list journal http://indianjournalofcapitalmarkets.com/index.php/ijrcm/article/view/157915 Volume 7, Issue 4, October-December 2020
- http://www.junikhyat.com/no_14_may_20/17.pdf?i=1 Juni Khyat ISSN: 2278-4632,Imp factor 6.625 (UGC Care Group I Listed Journal) Vol-10 Issue-5 No. 14 May 2020
- National Journal URL: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=322199
- International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE) ISSN: 2277-3878, Volume-8, Issue-2S7, July 2019 https://www.ijrte.org/wp-content/uploads/papers/v8i2S7/B10660782S719.pdf
- https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-11-4-18 Asian Journal of Management. 2020;11(4):493-496. doi: 10.5958/2321-5763.2020.00073.6
- International conference on advancements in research and development (icard 2020)IRJASH-e-ISSN 2582-4376
Title of the Paper:
- Behaviour of mutual fund investors with regard to Income and Gender: an Empirical Study.
- Awareness of crowd funding platforms in Bengaluru city- An empirical study
- A literature review on demonetization effect on Indian banking sector
- Sustainability of Tibetan Entrepreneurship in modern business environment
- Audit committees, auditors and corporate Governance: A theoretical bricolage for epistemological guidance correlating with the Indian context
- An Exploratory Study on Crowd funding in Bengaluru
- Implications of the GST regime for the country’s textile sector
- “A Study of the constraints and prospects of Human Resource Accounting with special reference to selected Industries”
- A study on the operations of the treasury front office- with special reference to ICICI Bank
- Influence of Macroeconomic Indicators on S&P 500 Listed Companies. An analysis using econometric model.
- General Factors Influencing Creators and Contributors: An Exploratory Study on Crowd funding in Bengaluru.
- An Empirical study to determine the most important Reference groups that influence Mutual fund investors’ intentions
- Stock Movement Prediction using NLP using R, with special reference to Walmart
- Human Resource Accounting – an Introduction
- Demystifying finance for non-finance executives
- E- Learning modules in specialized finance modules
- Content for Finance and Accounting course on Applied Accounting
- Book review-Indian financial system-5/e
Workshops/Training Programs Conducted:
- Program Director and trainer for CFO`s and finance managers from all over India -on the changing role of Financial Controllers and strategic finance, held at Mumbai.
- Many Open House program on “Finance for Non-Finance Executives” held for Middle and Senior Management executives in association with BCIC.
- Workshop Conducted on “Demystifying Financial Jargon” for I-flex
- Continuous Training Programs for ANZ-IT: Induction program for their new recruits on “Basics of Banking” once a week for three years 2007-onwards (Approx.5000 executives)
- Trained the Financial Data Extraction (FDE team) over three weekends. Also conducted the “Train the Trainer” program for the same process.
- Conducted Finance Essentials as part of their learning process.
- Accenture- PAN India trainer for Accenture (trained at Chennai, Mumbai, Gurgaon, Bangalore, and Hyderabad).
- Oracle-Conducting both Basic and advanced finance training
- Applied accounting training for process associates of First American- Both in Bangalore and Salem.
- IFRS Training for First American Managers- Bangalore
Awards & Scholarships:
- Jindal Education Trust Merit Scholarships
- Coorg Education Fund Scholarships
- University awards for debate
- Best Orator of the college
- Best Student in college
- Best outgoing student
- Best Faculty award in Secunderabad
- Commendation for 100% result in Accountancy in Army Institute
- Certificate of appreciation for good co-ordination of PGP