Dr. Manmathakrishnan P.
Alliance College of Engineering and Design
Dr. Manmathakrishnan P. holds a doctorate degree in Ocean Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M), Chennai. Dr. Manmathakrishnan holds a masters degree in Aerospace Engineering (Aerospace Structures) and a bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical Engineering. During his Ph.D., he worked on Offshore Wind Energy over the title of “Motion control of Floating Offshore Wind Turbine using Gyrostabilizer”, in which he designed a highly efficient and cost-effective gyro-damping device for the motion reduction of floating offshore wind turbine.
Dr. Manmathakrishnan has interest in research areas of ocean renewable energy (wind-wave-tidal energy), onshore wind energy, dynamic analysis of offshore floating wind turbines, offshore model testing, experimental uncertainty analysis, fluid structure interaction, gyroscopic based motion control, vibration and control, aerospace structures and its dynamics, structural health monitoring on engineering structures.
PEER REVIEW JOURNALS PUBLISHED
- Manmathakrishnan Palraj, Panneerselvam Rajamanickam, “Motion control of a barge for offshore wind turbine (OWT) using gyrostabilizer”, Ocean Engineering, Volume 209,2020, 107500, ISSN 0029-8018, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2020.107500. (Impact Factor :3.04)
- Manmathakrishnan Palraj, Panneerselvam Rajamanickam, “Motion Control Studies of a Barge mounted Offshore Dynamic Wind Turbine using Gyrostabilizer”, Ocean Engineering, (Accepted -Inpress)
- Manmathakrishnan Palraj, Panneerselvam Rajamanickam, “Adaptive control law-based Optimization of gyrostabilizer for barge mounted offshore wind turbines”, (Under Preparation)
- IEEE Student Member
- IEEE-Ocean Engineering Society
- Marine Technology Society (MTS)
- Department Topper in M Tech Aerospace Engineering (structures)
- Best Thesis awarded in M Tech By CSIR-NAL
- Best outgoing student awarded by SIATI in M Tech
- MHRD International conference fund during PhD
- Third-party validations for the Adtech systems limited on NTPC Floating Power Plants –at Ramagundam and Kayamkulam (December 2020 –worked under Prof Abhilash Sharma Somayajula, Department of Ocean Engineering, IIT Madras.)
CONFERENCE PAPERS AS PROCEEDING IN JOURNALS
- C R Ashokkumar, SridharAswin, Manmathakrishnan, “Time Response Options for Structural Damage Mitigation Using an Actuator Load”Proceedings of Third international conference on Advances in control and Optimization of dynamical systems held in IIT Kanpur, IFAC Proceedings Volumes (Elsevier), Volume 47, Issue 1, 2014 Pages 1092-1098. https://doi.org/10.3182/20140313-3-IN-3024.00010
- Manmathakrishnan P., Panneer Selvam R. “Pitch Motion Studies of Barge Supporting 5-MW-NREL Offshore Floating Wind Turbine with Gyrostabilizer”. Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference in Ocean Engineering (ICOE2018). Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, vol 23. Springer, Singapore, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-3134-3_66
- Manmathakrishnan P and Panneerselvam R, "Design and Performance evaluation of Single axis gyrostabilizer for motion stabilization of a scaled Barge model", IEE/MTS Oceans 2019 Seattle conference, 27th – 31st October, 2019, Seattle, USA, https://doi.org/10.23919/OCEANS40490.2019.8962634
- Manmathakrishnan P, Athibranan, Laxmanan, “Structural Damage Mitigation in Discrete Structures using Multiple Actuators” was Presented in International conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Management held on 30-31st at Sri Narayana Gurukulam College of Engineering, Ernakulam Kerala.
- Manmathakrishnan P and Panneerselvam R, “Performance of a Gyrostabilizer on Angular motion reduction of Barge”. Proceedings of the 5thInternational Conference on Ships and Offshore Technology ICSOT 2017, December 7-8, 2017. IIT Kharagpur, India.