Dr. Maitreyee Das
Alliance School of Business
Dr. Maitreyee Das holds a Ph.D. in Management from Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi, an MBA in IT and Systems from ICFAI and a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from National Institute of Technology, Durgapur. She comes with vast industry and academic experience.
Dr. Das started her career as a design engineer in an electrical manufacturing firm and then shifted to software development in Tata Consultancy Services where she worked as a software application developer, delivery manager and as a consultant in process improvement and quality management area. In her tenure with TCS, she completed ITIL, ISO, CMMI and Six Sigma Black Belt certification and received several awards and appreciations for her outstanding contribution in the continuous learning programme of the organization.
In her research endeavor, Dr. Das mainly focuses on the operational excellence and sustainable operations for small and medium enterprises. The key theme of her research has been to relate the factors of sustainable operation to business growth.
- "Corporate sustainability as a business strategy in SMEs-A literature review in the emerging market context" (2017), Proceedings of International Conference on Strategies in Volatile and Uncertain Environment for Emerging Markets (IIT Delhi)
- "Sustainability Status of Indian MSMEs", (2018), Small Enterprises Development, Management & Extension Journal, Vol. 45 No.2, ISSN. 0970-8464 (Print), ISSN. 2456–1223 (Online)
- "Corporate sustainability in small and medium-sized enterprises: a literature analysis and road ahead", (2019), Journal of Indian Business Research, Vol. 12 No. 2, pp. 271-300. https://doi.org/10.1108/JIBR-09-2017-0166
- "Corporate sustainability in SMEs: an Asian perspective", (2019), Journal of Asia Business Studies, Vol. 14 No. 1, pp. 109-138. https://doi.org/10.1108/JABS-10-2017-0176
- "Network and Government Intervention influencing Sustainability and Business Growth of SMEs: A study with Indian MSMEs" (2019), International Journal of Enterprise Network Management, Accepted for Publication
- "Impact of policy initiatives and collaborative synergy on sustainability and business growth of Indian SMEs", Indian Growth and Development Review, Vol. 13 No. 3, pp. 607-627. https://doi.org/10.1108/IGDR-09-2019-0095