Dr. Anupam Tyagi
Department of Economics
Dr. Anupam Tyagi hold a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Utah, USA and M.Phil. And M.A. in Economics from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
Dr. Tyagi is a passionate teacher and researcher. He has had experience in academic and non-academic settings. He has worked and consulted for prestigious institutions like the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (USA), Centre for Chronic Disease Control, International Fund for Agricultural Development, Water and Sanitation Program (The World Bank), National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) and Price Waterhouse Coopers (UNICEF).
Dr. Tyagi is a reviewer for American Journal of Public Health (economics related) and Preventing Chronic Disease (economics related). He has occasionally written in print media outlets. He has also been an entrepreneur for a brief period. His research interests are in development, environment / sustainable development, health, income inequality and analysis of household surveys.
- National Economic Impact Evaluation of the Swachh Bharat Mission [Clean India Mission], United Nations Children’s Fund. Jan 2020. (co-author) https://www.unicef.org/evaldatabase/files/20.01.29_National_Economic_Impact_Evaluation_of_SBM_.pdf
- Economic Impacts of Inadequate Sanitation in India, Water and Sanitation Program, The World Bank. 2012. http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/820131468041640929/pdf/681590WSP0Box30UBLIC00WSP0esi0india.pdf
- The Fan Plot: Displaying relative quantities and differences, Volume 20, No 1, American Statistical Association Statistical Computing and Graphics Newsletter, June 2009 (co-author: Jim Lemmon).
- Using decision analytic method to assess the utility of family history tools (co-author: Jill Morris). American Journal of Preventive Medicine, February 2003. (Theme issue on Family History).
Popular media articles
- Economics of Inadequate Sanitation, Economic Times, 9 Feb, 2012.
- Scaling Up Solar in India. 28 February 2008. News Article. RenewableEnergyWorld.com.
- Renewable Energy Holds Promising Future in India. 18 April 2008. News Article. RenewableEnergyWorld.com
- Carbon Credits Are Financing Renewable Energy Projects in India. 4 September 2008. News Article. RenewableEnergyWorld.com
- India’s National Solar Mission Promotes Rapid Solar Growth. 19 August, 2011. News Article. RenewableEnergyWorld.com
- Review of, Saman Kelegama (Ed.), Migration, Remittances and Development in South Asia, Sage Publications, New Delhi. In Global Business Review, 13, 3, p.518-19. 2012.
- Graduate Research Fellowship, University Research Committee, University of Utah. 1995-96.
- Distinction in Microeconomics in Ph.D. Comprehensive Examinations, Economics Department, University of Utah. 1993.
- Junior Research Fellowship, University Grants Commission, Government of India. 1992. (not used).
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. 1989--1991.
- Award for First Position in College in B.A. (Economics, Hons.) Annual Examinations, Shriram College of Commerce, University of Delhi. 1987.
- Lecture on “Economics of Environmental Planning and Management for Disaster Prevention and Control”, National Training Program, Disaster Management Institute, Bhopal, India. 16 Jan 2006.
- Lecture to MBA students on “International Business Environment and Recent Changes in the Indian Economy”, Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon, India. 05-06 Dec 2006.
- Designing the claims: A fair and efficient framework for limiting greenhouse gas emissions with developing country commitments. Second Biennial Meeting, U.S. Society for Ecological Economics. Saratoga Springs, New York. May 22--24, 2003.
- Sustainability as Justice. Second Biennial Meeting, U.S. Society for Ecological Economics. Saratoga Springs, New York. May 22--24, 2003.
- Economic Growth and Carbon Di-oxide Emissions (Poster). Second Biennial Meeting, U.S. Society for Ecological Economics. Saratoga Springs, New York. May 22--24, 2003.
- Using decision analytic method to assess the utility of family history for public health and preventive medicine (with Jill Morris, Office of Genomics and Disease Prevention, CDC). Family History Workshop, May 1--2, 2002. Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
- A quantitative modelling approach for cardiovascular health indicators framework (Poster). 1st National CDC Prevention Conference on Heart Disease and Stroke. Atlanta GA. August 22--24, 2001.
- Sustainability as Justice: Utility, Production and Sustainability. Fourth Occasional California Workshop on Environmental and Resource Economics, University of California, Santa Barbara. October 16--17, 1998.