Dr. Abdul Hameed A
Associate Professor, Area Chair – Finance & Head Academic Operations, Alliance School of Business
Alliance School of Business
He has completed his MBA in Finance from Jamal Institute of Management, Trichy, M.Phil. from Alagappa University, Karaikudi and Ph.D. from Bharathidasan University, Trichy.
Dr. Abdul Hameed teaches finance and accounting subjects at the Alliance School of Business and is an Assistant Professor.
He started his career as a Lecturer in a Business School in Trichy from 2002 to 2008. Later he moved abroad and worked as Academic Program Head for an institution in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia from 2008 to 2015. Prior to joining Alliance University, he worked as Assistant Professor in a Business school in Dindugul. He has extensive academic and administrative experience covering the past 14 years. He has published research papers in national journals, international journals and conference proceedings. He has acted as visiting faculty for distance education programs conducted by various universities.
His area of teaching and research interests includes Accounting and Investment Management.
Research Paper Publications
- “Factors Influencing Investment Decisions” published in the Edited ISBN book of Business & Finance, Jamal Mohamed College, Trichy, March 2012.
- “Securities Market in India – An Overview” published in the Edited ISBN book of Business & Finance, Jamal Mohamed College, Trichy, March 2012.
- “Investment Analysis on Dividend Policies – An impact of Firm’s Performance” published in the JS International Journal of Accounting (JSIJA), September 2012 – Volume1–Issue 4.
- “Investment Behaviour of NRI Investors in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia” publised in the Sankhya International Journal of Management & Technology, September 2012 – Volume3 –Issue 2.
- “Metrics for Knowledge Management and Content Management” published in Jamal Academic Research Journal (JARJ), Trichy, Vol.4, No.2, July-December 2007.
Research Papers presented in National Seminars / Conferences
- “Opportunities for Indian Banking Industry under WTO Regime” presented in a National Seminar organized by Directorate of Distance Education, Annamalai University.
- “Globalisation of Information Technology in MNC’s” presented in a National Seminar organized by Department of Management Studies, Dr.MGR University.
- “Mutual Funds – A Driving force to Indian Capital Market” presented in a National Seminar on “Emerging Trends in Capital Market” organized by Department of Management Studies, University of Madras, Chennai.
- “Banking Sector Reforms & its impact on the Banking Industry” presented in the National Seminar on “Financial Sector Reforms” organized by Department of Commerce, St. Joseph’s College (Autonomous), Trichy.
- “Creativity in Teaching & Learning” presented in the National Symposium on “Creativity: Curriculum, Teaching & Learning” organized by Center for Education beyond Curriculum (CEDBEC), Christ College, Bangalore.
- “Factors Influencing Investment Decisions” presented in the National Conference on Banking & Finance organized by Jamal Mohamed College, Trichy.
- “Securities Market in India – An Overview” presented in the National Conference on Banking & Finance organized by Jamal Mohamed College, Trichy, March 2012.